August 16, 2009

Foundation Review #1: Illamasqua Light Foundation (liquid)


No particular reason for picking this one first, it's just the one I happen to be wearing today :-)

I told you I have a weird skin shade, I am actually 125 in Illamasqua foundations, which is an ashy neutral color a lot of MUA seem to be scared of. But it's a perfect match for me and I know of other bloggers who use it as well. So no reason to be scared. It's actually very close to Mac Studio Sculpt NC15 - I swatched them side by side a while ago.
So here are my thoughts:

PROS:
- the packaging is pretty, light and plastic hence won't break on my bathroom floor if I drop it
- at less than 20£, it's actually a bit cheaper than a Mac foundation bought here
- it's very fresh, light and stretchable
- it gives a very light sheen, not too much so it won't make my t-zone look greasy but it's not flat matte, which I like
- you don't need a huge amount of it
- it is long lasting even though I hardly ever use a primer underneath - I just set it with a bit of powder like MSF Natural
- it gives light to medium coverage, you can still see the skin through it
- it smells delicious, some sugary cake dough smell I would say

CONS:
- well, it is light to medium coverage, so don't expect it to hide every imperfection
- it dries very quickly so you have to apply very quickly too! I use either my hands or my Mac 182 kabuki

Would I repurchase?
I think so. I really like how this looks on me, it's everything I have been looking for in a tinted moisturizer without finding it, I would say.
On the other hand, I think it's a good product for me in the Summer time but I am pretty sure that comes October, my skin will be too dry for this and I'll need more coverage.

All in all, I give it 4 out of 5 stars - just because it dries so fast and that makes the application a tiny bit more difficult.


2 comments:

  1. seriously you have revieved every foundation Ive been interested in good job! thankyou so much for the nars sg, mufe hd, mac f&b and illamasqua reviews they are much appreciated1

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!