October 9, 2009

A quick review: Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion


I love lipstick and lipgloss. But I have 2 major difficulties with them: they're often drying and they don't last very long. (And I don't take the time to reapply through the day, the guys with whom I share the office wouldn't understand!)
Using a lip balm under my lipstick has helped the dryness but not the lasting. So I thought I would give this new primer a try.

Here's how Urban Decay describes it:
Our invisible primer lays a silky foundation for your favorite lipstick or gloss. Color is truer, applies smoother, lasts longer, and will not fade or feather. The easy-glide formula feels velvety-soft, without the drying feeling often associated with long-lasting lip color.

Oh and it also has SPF 15.

Well I don't know if I got a bad one but mine doesn't glide easily, I find it kind of hard to apply. But I can live with that, since it's actually not drying and mostly, it really makes my lipstick last longer - the whole morning I would say.
I does soften the color a bit but if you blot and apply a second layer, you will get good payoff.

I must also say that it doesn't have a scent or a taste at all, which is good, and it doesn't tingle (something I hate about a lot of lip products).

So to me this product is a keeper, and should be part of every lipstick addict's makeup bag. I will definitely repurchase.

3 comments:

  1. This looks exactly like the lip primer Victoria's Secret made years ago- I don't know if they still do, the line has been revamped, but it was basically a nude lip balm, and just like the UD it worked best if you just applied a tiny amount- I used to suggest to people that they just apply it to the top lip and rub lips together to deposit the primer on the bottom lip. Interesting to see this type of thing popping up in a line like UD, I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well UD seems to making primers for anything and everything these days and I do think there was a hole in the market for lip primers, at least here. I am very glad I got it (and I use sparingly indeed)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have it but never tried it, thanks to you, I will !

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!