December 3, 2009

Project 10 pan status.

Today is the end of my 4th week into project 10 pan. I can't actually remember when was the last time I spent 4 weeks without buying any makeup, not even one cheap drugstore item when doing grocery shopping.

While the 2 first weeks were easy as I was feeling strong and satisfied, it's now getting harder. I am having withdrwal symptoms and am seriously lemming a lot of stuff! I have been very tempted to stop by the department store on my way back from the office. But I resisted! I don't really need anything, of course, and I would be sad to compromise my project.

But I have decided that I'd do everything to finish this operation by the end of the year!
So, here's the status.

Pan hit on:
- my brow gel
- my YSL Faux-Cils mascara
- my TFSI that isn't finished but is getting too old, oily, smelly and sticky; I am not repurchasing since I have a brand new UDPP in my drawer
- my Rimmel Sexy Curves
- my Maybelline Colossal in brown

Those last 2 were getting old and are now definitely too dry to be used.

Pan is going to be hit very soon on:
- my Bobby Brown concealer (I have a good week of this left)
- my Orlane eye cream, which is the only skincare product I am taking into account in the project
- my T.Leclerc pressed powder, which is widely showing pan

So that will be 8 products done. For the 2 last ones, I am going to focus on my Clarins eye base, and my Clinique Air Brush Concealer that I now use as a highlighter since it's not really working well for me as a concealer.

I think it's manageable. I honestly can't wait for it to be over, so I can at least repurchase my YSL mascara!!
In the meantime, I think I am going to get some needed skincare products as a substitute :)

2 comments:

  1. you're almost there, congrats! As a fellow beauty junkie, I can only imagine what a challenge this is! Some people may laugh or roll their eyes at us, but we know how it is!

    I need to do this myself- after purging my collection (tough, cause I always think I can just keep it for my kit...)

    Can't wait to see what your must haves are for after 10 pans- I suppose the hope is that you'll realize that there are some things you can do without (yeah, right!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! :) I did 3 mths No Buy Challenge & it was hard but not impossible. After a while you sort of get used to it...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!