January 9, 2010

Looks from this week.



I had planned a much needed cut and color at the hairstylist's today, but instead, I'm snowed in. So I decided to play with some of my Aromaleigh mineral eyeshadows that arrived yesterday.
Here's my look for today:




As a base, I applied Constructivist paintpot, which is a nice brown color.
On the lid, I used Barry M Dazzle Dust #68, which is a gorgeous light blue infused with tons of yellow gold, which is why it appears greenish on the pictures.
In the crease, I used Aromaleigh Bête Noire e/s in Colette, which is an improved version of Mac's Blue Brown to me. I blended it well since it's daytime, it could have been much more dark. I lined the lower lash line with Aromaleigh e/s in Calendula.
Big mistake: I used UD 24/7 Bourbon liner pencil on the waterline, and it's too red - I need to invest in a true brown like Mac Teddy eyekhol.

I am going to use my Aromaleigh a bit more extensively, and I am also waiting for a Fyrinnae order that will bring e the infamous Pixie Epoxy - really curious about the effect it will have on my eyeshadows. So expect reviews on all these mineral eyeshadows and pigments in the coming week, and more looks using them!

Then another EOTD from last week, that I did with my Kat Von D's Beethoven palette. I used the light pink and the purples, but was actually surprised to see that the shimmery purple looked much more blue once applied, which wasn't what I wanted, but it kind of worked anyway.
It was a nice office look.




Did you try something new and interesting this week?

1 comment:

  1. I'm really loving the colour of that barry m #68 on your lid! It's so beatiful! Although I know its blue and not green, it definitely looks pretty as a green too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!