January 18, 2010

Skincare routine


I posted about my skincare routine a couple of months ago, but my routine has changed a bit since then, so this is an update.

I must say that I have been asked several time what I use for my skin, since it doesn't really look as old as my body is (my hair, however, looks much older, hum). My first answer would be that I am blessed with good genes and avoiding the sun, since I have sun allergy. I have never suffered from acne, I have occasional pimples and the boring blackheads like everybody, but I don't have any scarring or marks that I need to hide.



This being said, my skin doesn't take care of itself and I do believe my routine is very important in keeping my skin at its best. If I skip the makeup remover or don't exfoliate for a while, my skin will look dull very quickly. And since it's combination with an oily t-zone and dry cheeks, using the right dose of the right moisturizer is important to maintain the balance.

In the morning, I wash my face with water only, I just can't skip that step to get awake! Then I apply Estee Lauder Idealist serum, which helps keeping the skin hydrated and reduces pores where needed. It leaves the skin very soft and dries within seconds. Then I apply my Estee Lauder Day Wear Plus cream for combination skin. Unless it's very cold and my skin is very dry, I don't apply on the t-zone. In the summer I can even skip the moisturizer altogether and that helps me not getting oily. Also if I use a primer (mostly Korres silicon free), I use it instead of the moisturizer.

At night, I always use my faithful Bioderma Crealine H20 to remove my makeup, and the La Roche Posay Rosaliac make up remover, which is a micellar jelly, for my eyes since I like this texture better for that zone.
Then I cleanse with The BodyShop Seaweed cleanser. I moisturize either with Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and the same Daywear cream that I use in the morning, or I use a deep moisturizer alone - like Vichy Aqualia Thermal mineral mask (which isn't mineral at all)- but that's in Winter only.
Twice I week I exfoliate with Estee Lauder purifying exfoliator.

I recently started to use a new eye cream that I like a lot: La Roche Posay Redermic. It's marketed for women over 40 years old, but since it basically contains retinoids and vitamin C, known for keeping the skin young, I feel totally comfortable using it 10 years early!

You must know by now that I love Estee Lauder products for skincare. I discovered them less than a year ago, and although they are pricey, to me they are totally worth it because my skin has never looked or felt any better. Since this routine is working so well for me, even though we have had freezing temperatures for several weeks now (which never fails to ruin my skin), I am totally planning on sticking to it and staying faithful to Lauder.

2 comments:

  1. Hey gorgeous! Tell me something you have make up on on your pic right? Otherwise, you are way too good-looking without :))
    For Estee Lauder, I have not tried many products but I do like the Idealist serum.
    Before I forget, now that my skin is breakout-free I have been matched to a NC15 by MAC like you. 2 shades lighter compare to when I had pimples. Crazy hum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lambda; LOL, yes I have a bit of makeup on the pic. I wear foundation mostly to even out my skintone because my cheeks can be red, and I have more pigmented zones around the nose, so I like to cover it all to have a nice even base. But honestly I'm lucky enough that I could actually go with just a bit of powder if I weren't a foundation wh0re ;-)))

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!