February 10, 2010

Cheek combo of the moment.


Why didn't anybody ever tell me that you could layer different blushes?
It just creates that extra "wow" effect, and it allows you to fix the 'I like the color but it's missing something' blushes we all have in our drawers.

On the picture I am wearing: Nars Laguna to contour, a nice dose of Nars Orgasm on the cheeks and a light touch of Nars Deep Throat on top.

When I got Orgasm (in a duo with Laguna) I was probably having high expectations because of all the hype around it, and when I applied it for the first time, I thought "is that all there is?".
Good news: with Deep Throat on top I absolutely adore it, the combo has so much more dimension than one blush used alone.

I think from now on I might layer my blushes quite often! Today's combo is Nars Mounia+Taj Mahal. I bet it sounds scary, but it's actually nice!

NB: the foundation I'm wearing on the picture is Illamasqua Powder and this obviously was a good skin day!

3 comments:

  1. I had totally forgotten about layering blushes, thank you for reminding me!!

    My favourite combination is a matte coral blush under a shimmering pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic skin day ! euh, connais tu une maquilleuse pro à Paris ? Ma soeur doit aller à un événement hautement "fashion" et elle voudrait une pro pour le maquillage de la soirée de gala ???

    Merci

    Caro xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Caro: mais évidemment :) je t'envoie un PM sur mug!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!