February 19, 2010

EOTD - shimmery neutrals




I have a weird fascination for warm neutral eyeshadows, buy them in bulk, and then when I wear them I often find I look blah and wonder if I shouldn't stick to bright colors. And well, bright colors look good on me but I don't feel like wearing them 365 days in the year.

On a day off work, I decided to play with my shimmery neutral palettes and totally forget all those silly rules about not overdoing the shimmer. And I am glad I did, because I really liked the final result.

What I used (all Mac):
- Retrospeck in the inner 1/3rd of the lid
- Tempting on the outer 2/3rds (it's one of my favourite eyeshadows ever)
- Bronze in the crease
- A tiny bit of Gilt by Association in the outer V
- Brulé on the browbone
Then I lined the upper lash and the waterline with Bobby Brown gel eyeliner in Sepia. Mascara was YSL Singulier.

As for the rest of my face, I'm wearing Nars Sheer Glow in Gobi, Mac MSFN in light-medium, Nars Laguna bronzer, Nars Deep Throat and Orgasm blushes layered.
I tried Benefit Brow-Zing on my brows and didn't really liked the end result, but well...

Now I finally have an all brown/neutral look that works for me, thanks to the shimmer and the gold/bronze reflects. I'm now experimenting some more with that kind of color and texture since I really loved the result.



2 comments:

  1. I love your new set up : girly and classy ! And as Samantha from Pixiwoo says : and you laugh in the face of make up rules mouhahahaha. I adore her and her on point sentences ! You look gorg' with shimmer AND all shimmery look ...Way to go, girl !

    Caro xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think nude shimmer is so underrated, the jux-ta-position between the brashness of shiny glitter and the understated colours is so cool. nice blog by the way xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!