March 15, 2010

Tag: 40 beauty questions

You probably already know this tag, and I thought it would be fun to do.

SKINCARE


How many times do you wash your face daily? Twice, but in the morning I use water only.
What skin type do you have? Combination
What is your current facial wash? the BodyShop Seaweed cleanser
Do you exfoliate? Yes, twice a week
What brand do you use? Estee Lauder
What moisturizer do you use? Currtently I'm using Estee Lauder daywear cream, but Spring is coming and I'll be switching to Louis Widmer Switzerland Emulsion Hydroactive, which is more of a gel texture
Do you have freckles? not even one
Do you use eye cream? yes I do, day and night
Do you or did you have acne prone skin? No, never had real acne. I do have occasional breakouts on the t-zone but it's nothing I can't keep under control
Did you ever have to use Pro-activ? No


MAKE-UP
What foundation do you use? I rotate between a lot of foundations, mostly liquids, sometimes cream. My current favourite is Nars Sheer Glow.
How about concealer?
Finding the right one was hard, now I love Bobby Brown creamy concealer
Do you know your undertone color? Neutral leaning towards warm. I have mediterranean origins, so weirdly, my skin is matte but extremely pal, with yellow undertones. Almost Asian-like, not a hint of pink in it.
What do you think of fake eyelashes? they scare me, but I really want to try them
Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?Yes
What brand of mascara do you use? YSL
Sephora or MAC? Mac. The stuff I get from Sephora, I can get online. Mac, I can't.
Do you have a MAC Pro-card? No
What makeup tools do you use in make up application? Brushes
Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes? Yes, either TFSI or UDPP. And I sometimes add a cream eyeshadow as a color base.
For the face? Mostly not but when I do it's Korres silicone free primer
What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)? Bronze or blue
Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? Pencil or gel, actually
How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? Hardly ever, but weirdly I'm known to poke my eyes with the eyeliner brush when applying gel liner, and that really hurts!
What do you think of pigment eyeshadows? I like them, I have a lot, but I should press them because I don't use them much, it's too time consuming in the morning
Do you use mineral makeup? No, I tried, but my skin doesn't like it.
What is your favorite lipstick? My current favourite is Mac Charismatic, I also love YSL Rouge Volupté #1
How about lipgloss? Interestingly, it would be a L'Oreal Gloss Shine (or something like that) in a bronze color that looks a lot like Charismatic
What is your favorite blush to use? Illamasqua Lover
Do you buy your makeup on ebay? no, unless it's a cheap palette from China, for the rest there are too many fakes on there
Do you like drugstore makeup? Yes
Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets) No we don't have them here, unfortunately
Did you ever consider taking make-up classes? I think I will, at some point, even if I don't think I'll ever work as a makeup artist
Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? No, not really.
Name a makeup crime that you hate? Dark liner and nude lips, and tons of orange bronzer. Oh, badly applied bright blush on nude pale skin, too (yes I'm thinking of someone in particular)
Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones? I like both
Which celebrity always has great make up? I like Blake Lively a lot because we have similar eyeshapes, so she's an inspiration. Oh and Lady GaGa of course!
If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use? concealer. I'd use BB cream too but that doesn't count as makeup, does it?
Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Oh I do sometimes, when it's the week-end and I'm lazy. Actually, makeup has been such a confidence booster for me that I feel confident even without wearing it now.
Do you think you look good even without any makeup on? I certainly don't look bad, but I prefer the way I look with some makeup on, even minimal - even skintone and filled brows make a huge difference already.
In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line? No idea, I like different brands for different products. If I had to stick to one it would probably be Mac because I like a lot of their product but I would then be without my HG foundation, concealer and mascara, which would be annoying.
What do you think of Makeup? I love it of course. Makeup is available to everybody no matter the gender, the age, the color, the bodyshape... unlike clothes for example. And it's also a great way to express creativity. I can't imagine my life without it now.

Feel free to do this tag and post a link in the comment, I'd like to read your answers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I have seen your posts on makeupgeek (the site - and Marlena of course got me hooked on makeup), and i found your blog the other day. I am really enjoying it. I did this tag on my blog last week (I just started it two weeks ago - 1 follower so far).

    Anyway, here is the link:
    http://missmonroesbeautymusings.blogspot.com/2010/03/tag-40-beauty-questions.html

    Looking forward to more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MissMonroe, thanks for visiting, will check your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!