April 9, 2010

On the road again


Hello ladies! My silence of the past days is due to the fact that I was travelling, I took a much needed break abroad.
I have plenty of things to write about but right now, I'm going to tell you about what I took along with me for my trip. I must say that deciding what to take and what to leave behind is always a dilemma for me, but I really tried to stick to a minimal amount. Maybe that could help some of you when packing for a few days?
So here's what I picked:

  • eye cream and Eucerin Aquaphor moisturizer (that I could use on my hands if needed)
  • Bioderma Crealine H2O and Hydrabio Mousse (which can be used instead of soap for the body as well)
  • Illamasqua cream foundation - very compact, has a sponge and mirror
  • Bobby Brown concealer
  • Mac MSFN
  • Nars Laguna/Orgasm duo - 2 in one, and a mirror in the compact
  • 2 Nars eyeshadow duos, Habanera and Egea
  • the Kat Von D Beethoven palette - 8 colors that work for daytime or nighttime in a very compact palette
  • 4 brushes: 239, 217 and 227 for the eyes, 169 for the face - in their brushguards
  • brown and blue pencil liners, and brow pencil
  • mascara
  • 3 lipsticks (Nars Niagara, Mac VG GaGa and Guerlain KissKiss Baby Roswood) and lipbalm
  • shampoo and my straightener - hotels always have blowdryers and even if they don't, I can fix any bad hair morning with my straightener
I ended up using only one lipstick, and none of the liners. But I did appreciate to have some options with the eyeshadows and the palette didn't really take any space.
This was all packed in a week-end case like this one:


Not bad for someone who can't cut down to less than chest of drawers full of beauty products, uh?

3 comments:

  1. I never thought of a make-up case like that to take on trips, I always struggle to array my cosmetics in the hotel's bathroom where there's so little space for that, thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG where did you get your case from??? When I visit my family I am always pointed out to invade all the available bathroom space. With that I will be safe and not guilty anymore ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. cbsg5861; yes that's what I like, it doesn't take up much space and it can be hung in hotel bathrooms!

    Une fille Lambda : at a local supermarket for cheap :) it's not exactly the same one but close enough

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!