May 24, 2010

FOTD: To The Beach - Temperature Rising Facechart

I was browsing Mac face charts and got particularly inspired by this one.

What I particularly like is the contrast between the black liner and lashes, and the bright blue liner on the waterlines.
Although I don't own any of the To The Beach eyeshadows (I passed on these and only got the blushes) I found dupe in my large eyeshadow collection - which I'm quite proud of as I tend to run and buy without really looking at my stash first.

Here's the result!

The eyeshadows I used were Orb (highlight), Pollinator (lid - LE), Coppering (crease) and Espresso (outer crease). Carbon was used as a liner, and UD 24/7 Flipside was used to line the waterline. Mascara is YSL Faux-Cils.

I'm actually disappointed by the pictures as they're nowhere as intense as the look is in real life. But I also think I should have used liquid liner on the upper lashline instead of black eyeshadow - that would have made the look more intense, especially as I haven't used falsies.
However, I think this is a technique I will be using again!

Are you getting stuff from To The Beach? What looks inspire you in this collection?


  1. Looks beautiful, your eyes are such an amazing color! xxx

  2. Ooh, I love this look! If I had a decent bright blue eyeliner that would work on my waterline I would try it out.

  3. @ Rocaille: thanks lovely!

    @ Simone: actually the UD didn't last very well, I reapplied another one by Gosh later in the day


I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!