June 14, 2010

(Sort of) Foundation Review #18: Estee Lauder DayWear Plus Tinted Moisturizer



Every year around this time, when the sun is shining and the weather gets hot (and my office temperature gets even hotter), I want a tinted moisturizer. I dream of a simple morning routine that would leave looking beautified, young and fresh with the smallest amount of product.

This year is no exception, but what is exceptional is that I actually found a tinted moisturizer that doesn't look horribly reddish on me. I'm talking about Estee Lauder DayWear Plus Multi Protection Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 (what a mouthfull).
This comes in 4 colors and I picked the first one, Light. I was a bit scared that even this would be too dark but it doesn't apply as dark as it looks in the tube.

Pros:
- feels great when applied, the texture is very pleasant and not sticky at all, and it doesn't have any strong smell
- sheer application which lets the skin show through
- meant for all skintypes
- SPF 15 (not enough to go sunbathing but it's a bonus nevertheless)
- 4 different colors
- it really is a good moisturizer
- non-acnegenic

CONS:
- sheer application which lets the skin show through... means that your problem areas are still visible!
- gets very dewy on me through the day, probably because it is too moisturizing for my skintype (combination)
- not widely available: I had to go to France to get it and Sephora didn't have it, I found it on a larger counter at a department store
- a bit pricey: 33€ for 50ml

I have to use some kind of powder on top of this product to set it and hide my little flaws (Mineralize Skinfinishes work well this way, or any mineral foundation or powder). Concealer is also a must as this won't cover dark circles or pimples at all.

All in all, a very nice product for those who like tinted moisturizer. Me? I think I'll never be able to wear any TM on its own. I'm glad to use up this one as long as I can put powder on top.
Now I'm wondering if Laura Mercier Oil Free would have been a better choice. Anyone has an insight to share on this?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't try any of these, but I guess I'm pretty happy if I can get away with only TM and some mineral powder. I've heard though that Laura Mercier is quite pigmented for a TM, more like a sheer foundation. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Rocaille: In the meantime I've been wearing this a lot with Diorskin Nude Mineral foundation on top and I love this combo!
    I do plan on getting a Laura Mercier TM, though. You know, for reviewing purposes :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!