June 15, 2010

Update on products I reviewed in the past

Sometimes you use a product for a few weeks and rave about it, then on the very long term you change your mind. Or you hate something at first, make yourself use it up and on the way, you decide it wasn't that bad. That happens to me sometimes, so I thought it would be fair to share my opinion changes with you in case you have been reading my reviews and based your decision on it.

YSL Singulier mascara :I thought it was good but not as good as Faux-Cils. Well on the long term I have changed my mind and switched. As much as I do love Faux-Cils, I hate how fast it dries up (I like wet mascaras) and I have noticed Singulier doesn't dry up within the 3 months mark. Even better: the older it gets, the better it applies. So I have now repurchased Singulier.

Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation
: I loved it and have used it quite a lot, but at some point I got really turned off by the smell. Next time I'm at the counter, I need to check if this is the normal product smell or if I got a bad batch, but I really can't wear this anymore.

Armani Luminous Silk Foundation: I have kind of fallen out of love with this one. It doesn't last long enough on me, it feels a bit siliconey, I think I now have better options for the kind of look it achieves.

Clarins Everlasting Foundation: I said I wouldn't repurchase it because of the alcohol in it, and yet I find myself grabbing it a lot. It's the most long lasting foundation I have ever tried, so I totally rely on it when I have very long days. It actually doesn't stay flat matte, and I have also used strobe cream underneath with success. And weirdly, I have never experienced any discomfort again because of the alcohol. I now consider this one a long-lasting version of Chanel Mat Lumière and it might be a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!