September 9, 2010

Vacation makeup bag


Since I had a few posts ready in advance, you probably didn't notice that I was (finally!) away for my Summer vacation, and I came back yesterday night.
I was in Sicily, where the weather wasn't at its warmest, but still, it was really Summery and I can tell you that staying under the sun at noon without burning was impossible!

I found it very hard to pack makeup because I knew I was going to have dressed-up evening events and I wanted to have options. Here's what I did wear a lot:
  • Mac Strobe Cream
  • Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer
  • Laura Mercier secret concealer (under the eyes) and MUFE Full-Cover (face)
  • Mac MSF powder
  • Illamasqua Lover and Unrequited blushes
  • Givenchy bronzer and Fleur de Frangipanier powder (Limited Edition)
  • Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Nectar
  • Nars eyeshadow base
  • Urban Decay Naked palette
  • Mufe Aqua Creams #2, 15 and 16
  • Mac blacktrack fluidline
  • YSL Faux-Cils
  • Mac Girl About Town, CB 96, Dubonnet, O lipsticks
  • Revlon and Chanel glosses (one pink and one peach)
  • Brush roll
I also took along some skincare, of course:
  • La Roche Posay matte SPF 30 (face)
  • Avene mineral SPF 50
  • Bioderma Crealine H20 cleanser
  • Bioderma foam cleanser (great for body too)
  • mini Estee Lauder Daywear cream and sample Advanced Night Repair
and finally, a small spray bottle of my Serge Lutens 5 O'clock Au Gingembre perfume.

What I did not bring and ended up wishing I had:
  • hair mask - I let my hair air dry every day (I didn't even take my blowdryer with me) and got very dry ends, which would have benefited a mask
  • face scrub - I thought I could live without exfoliating for a week, well I was wrong, my skin got dull by the end of the vacation and it really improved when I exfoliated last night
What I brought and didn't use at all:
  • a bunch of pencil liners, when one would have been enough
  • after-sun cream: since I used my SPF religiously, that stuff really was useless
  • Nars Sheer Glow foundation - too heavy for the weather, and layering some MSF on top of my tinted moisturizer gave as much coverage
Do you bring along a lot of things when you go on vacation? What are you staples?

4 comments:

  1. I love Sicily! Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back! Noticed you took a few of the MUFE Aqua Creams with you- I have a few shades sitting in my makeup drawer that I've only played with a bit. What was your favorite way to use them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. Great items you brought with you. Would love to see a swatch of the Illamasqua blush. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ legothique: thanks, it was great indeed!

    @ Jessica: I'll review them for you

    @ Ansa: well I'll swatch my whole collection then :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!