Since I had a few posts ready in advance, you probably didn't notice that I was (finally!) away for my Summer vacation, and I came back yesterday night.
I was in Sicily, where the weather wasn't at its warmest, but still, it was really Summery and I can tell you that staying under the sun at noon without burning was impossible!
I found it very hard to pack makeup because I knew I was going to have dressed-up evening events and I wanted to have options. Here's what I did wear a lot:
- Mac Strobe Cream
- Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer
- Laura Mercier secret concealer (under the eyes) and MUFE Full-Cover (face)
- Mac MSF powder
- Illamasqua Lover and Unrequited blushes
- Givenchy bronzer and Fleur de Frangipanier powder (Limited Edition)
- Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Nectar
- Nars eyeshadow base
- Urban Decay Naked palette
- Mufe Aqua Creams #2, 15 and 16
- Mac blacktrack fluidline
- YSL Faux-Cils
- Mac Girl About Town, CB 96, Dubonnet, O lipsticks
- Revlon and Chanel glosses (one pink and one peach)
- Brush roll
I also took along some skincare, of course:
- La Roche Posay matte SPF 30 (face)
- Avene mineral SPF 50
- Bioderma Crealine H20 cleanser
- Bioderma foam cleanser (great for body too)
- mini Estee Lauder Daywear cream and sample Advanced Night Repair
and finally, a small spray bottle of my Serge Lutens 5 O'clock Au Gingembre perfume.
What I did not bring and ended up wishing I had:
- hair mask - I let my hair air dry every day (I didn't even take my blowdryer with me) and got very dry ends, which would have benefited a mask
- face scrub - I thought I could live without exfoliating for a week, well I was wrong, my skin got dull by the end of the vacation and it really improved when I exfoliated last night
What I brought and didn't use at all:
- a bunch of pencil liners, when one would have been enough
- after-sun cream: since I used my SPF religiously, that stuff really was useless
- Nars Sheer Glow foundation - too heavy for the weather, and layering some MSF on top of my tinted moisturizer gave as much coverage
Do you bring along a lot of things when you go on vacation? What are you staples?