October 22, 2010

Estee Lauder Double Wear Mascara


A couple of months ago I got an Estee Lauder gift with purchase, and there was a mini Double Wear mascara in it. I rencently decided to give it a try because I thought the brush looked nice.

The claim: a zero smudge lenghtening mascara, Lash-Xtender™ Brush elongates, separates and surrounds each lash in glossy, intensified color.

The result: well this IS lenghtening, hello long lashes! What I like a lot, too, is the fact that you can grab the lashes from the very roots, which makes the lashline look more dense just like when you tightline it. The brush does really separate the lashes and makes it easy to grab the lower lashes as well.

The formulation: is unscentend and works perfectly with my contact-weearing eyes. It's smudgeproof on me, although I hardly have that kind of issue with any mascara.

The cons: well it does bring length but it doesn't bring any volume, so if you're looking for that, look somewhere else. Also once it dries, adding a second coat doesn't look very good.

Purchase or not purchase? You know me, I'm all about the volume and I love my YSL Faux-Cils, but this is definitely something I'd consider for a more natural look, particularly as it makes the lash roots look so dense.

3 comments:

  1. Hey this sounds great!!!
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i liked it, but i don't use it cos it didn't give me volume as well. Lucky i tried a sample before deciding whether i wanted to buy it or not :) but it is a good mascara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds pretty similar to my Covergirl Lashblast Length, which also gives definition and length, but zero volume or drama, even in a couple of coats...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!