October 26, 2010

FOTD from the past week, and trying Nars Holidays goodies!

The good thing with Fall (or Autumn as we say around here) is that it's perfect to wearing bold lips. And I love bold lips!



Wearing Mac M.A.C Red with winged liner. Foundation is Mac Face & Body (C1) and blush is Nars Exhibit A - just the tiniest amount of it, of course.


Wearing Mac CB95 lipstick, which is totally underrated in my opinion. It's an orange with a bit of pink in it that makes it very wearable, but still quite bright. You probably saw it in my favorites of the past months.
Blush is Bite of an Apple from the Mac VV collection.


Then, onto the Nars products!


I'm wearing Melusine eyeshadow duo (on top of Nars smudgeproof eyeshadow primer, of course) and Sex Appeal blush.

The pale lavender in Melusine is very pretty, and has that icy but not shimmery texture that I like so much in Nars eyeshadows (Habanera and Underworld being good examples). The darker side is matte, and from what I have seen online, I thought it would be different. When I first saw it, I felt like it looked a lot like Daphne. But it actually has less blue in it. Like any matte shadow, it does require a bit of work and some building up, and I'm not totally satisfied of the outer corner work on my right eye, on this pic. You need time and patience to make it work, but it's certainly a gorgeous color.

Sex Appeal is a very very VERY pale matte apricoty peach blush with just the tiniest hint of pink in it. Nars described it as a perfect contour color but honestly I can't see how that would be. It's so pale that on my NC15 cheeks, it just managed to create a light flush. A very pretty subtle flush, though. But I did feel the need to add a bit more color on the apples of the cheeks.
I think trying to make this work if your about NC/NW 20-25 would be hopeless, and I'd consider this a subtle, almost neutral blush. It looks very fresh and a bit "back from cold outside", but it's definitely pale.

What have you been wearing lately?

6 comments:

  1. You really can wear bright lipsticks. I remember a post in which you were wearing Morange and you looked fab ...
    the blush : Bite of an apple looks really beautiful on your complexion !

    Caro xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the makeup on both pics. I orders Sex Appeal last week and it's suppose to be here tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned cause I keep reading reveiws stating its' very light. Kinda of odd since most NARS blushes are super pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ MUA: I love bright lipsticks, they're my thing :-)

    @Ansa: it is very light, pretty but light, it gives a nice flush but you can't really distinguish the color

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want Melusine so bad :) It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my dear!
    Thanks so much for stopping at my blog, I have just discovered yours and become a new follower!
    The makeup looks pretty in your pics, I love the look of Bite of an Apple on you!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. The make up looks very nice! I love nars ! Nice blog. xoxo

    http://www.chicandpositive.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!