October 18, 2010

Review: Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré





This product got hyped on the beauty web community a few months ago, and I guess Pixiwoo is to blame for that - or rather, to thank.
So I bought this in France during the Summer sales and I paid less than 10€ for the 30ml tube, which I think is a good deal. If you don't know where to get it near you, you can order it online from CocoBeau, which provide fantastic customer service.


So, what's this Lait-Crème? It's marketed as a miracle 24 hours treatment that hydrates and soothes the skin. It contains water, shea butter, beeswax, aloe vera and soy protein, and a paraben-free preservative complex. It's also cruelty-free.
It's a white formulation that looks very rich but does penetrate the skin very quickly. It works fantastically under makeup because it really primes the skin, leaving it smooth and soft, and it doesn't make you get oily after a few hours like some moisturizers do. 


I haven't used it in extreme conditions yet, since Winter hasn't started, so I can't really tell how well it works on dry patches or protects again cold wind and sub-zero temperatures. But my skin has been feeling a bit tight these past 2 weeks, probably because of the central heating being turned on, and this has helped. I can use it either at night with my beloved Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair underneath, or during the day on its own with makeup on top. 


Although I haven't tried that, you can apparently massage this onto your skin and remove with warm water to remove your makeup. That means that, when you're traveling for a few days, you can totally take this product only and use it as a cleanser and moisturizer/primer.


So, all in all, a very good product for a very good price, I definitely recommend it!

8 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing. I have combination skin so I wonder how well it work on my skin. I try to stay way from anything super rich since I don't usually get any dry patches. This sounds amazing tho. Tempted to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK you won, I'll buy it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read somewhere that it was not really indicated for an oily skin. What would you say? I have a normal/combination skin, I suppose it should do, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Fab Fab: I think it should work perfectly, I do have normal/combination skin as well, this doesn't make me extra oily.

    @Suricate: hey don't blame me!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try it myself, read SO many good things about it! I hope soon (maybe for winter) thank you for review x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love Embryolisse. i live in france so here, you can find it at almost every drugstore for 19 euros; ive used it and its hands down THE BEST!

    My review on Embryolisse here:

    http://lila.pixavue.com/2011/08/embry­olisse-creme-hydratante-a-lora­nge-review-moisturizing-creme-­extract-oranges/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!