November 5, 2010

In's and Out's

In's!

  • Red lips! November-December is the best time of the year to wear them for daytime.
Wearing Beauté Masochist!
  • Nars Sheer Glow: from all the foundations I own and wear, this remains my favorite. I'm currently mixing 2 shades (Santa Fe and Gobi) and I love the result.
  • AHA-BHA skincare products: I thought my Winter skin wouldn't deal with these very well because they're drying but I found my skin actually looks much better when I do use them about every 3 days, even when I have dry patches.
  • Fridays, and weeks shortened by bank holidays - I have worked 3 days this week and will work 3 days next week.
  • My "sweets detox" diet: I am the biggest sweets/cakes/cookies eater you could meet, but lately I've been feeling bad about it. I've been eating those out of habit more than envy or pleasure or even hunger. So I have decided to do a 15-days detox (today is day 5) and am currently eating no sweets nor sugar. I had to increase my protein intake to make sure I wouldn't get hungry too much between meals, and when I need to snack I do it of fruit rather than on sugary treats. So far so good!
Out's
  • Pink eyeshadow: I'm giving up on these. They look fugly, they make almost everyone look sick, and I don't think any 33 year old should would benefit looking like Barbie anyway. So I said goodbye to the few pink shadows I own, that color will now be lips and cheeks only for me!
  • The weather, my friends, the weather! Having to take along an umbrella all the time (or hello frizzy hair), and having to wear a ton of layers to keep warm.
  • Daylight saving time: another absurd Winter things. Yes, we do enjoy a tiny bit more light in the morning, but that will last 2 weeks anyway, and I now leave the office at what seems to be nigth time!

What are your in's and out's at the moment?

4 comments:

  1. ARG! So agree with you on the Daylight savings time! I hate that it gets dark so early!
    Good Luck with the sweets detox...you CAN do it! :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try out red lips to, you're right !

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You look beatiful with red lips. I love red lips too. Clasic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bright lipstick on you but you already know that , right ;-)))

    I rarely play with my pink e/s (though I have plenty of them) but Francine did an amazing tutorial :
    http://frantasticmakeup.com/blog/2010/10/autumn-berry-tutorial/

    It's more wearable than you'd think !

    The weather is horrendous in Montreal : rainy, cold ....brrrrrrrrrrr

    Caro xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!