November 8, 2010

Les Tentations Cuivrées de Chanel - Holiday 2010: a haul and a look

I'm not really into Chanel. I find they have lovely glosses, their lipsticks look gorgeous but I hate the smell. And their eyeshadows used to be infamous for their lack of pigmentation.
However they seem to have improved a few things lately, among which said pigmentation. Which is why, after having indulged into getting the Enigma quad, I let myself fall in love with the Holiday collection called les Tentations Cuivrées (coppery temptations). What can I say, anything with the word "copper" in it is just appealing to me.
And look at how gorgeous the products are:


I bought both the quad, which is really lovely with its coppery bronzy brown shades, and the Ombre d'Eau liquid eyeshadow in Splash, which is a beautiful metallic taupe with a hint of grey.

The collection also offers some bright pink gorgeousness:

But I was reasonable and decided not to get anything - pink blushes don't look good enough for me to wear them often, so I can't justify buying this pretty Fushia Tweed blush. And I do have very similar lipsticks.

So all in all, I have everythng I need to recreate the beautiful editorial look:

chanel holiday 2010


And so I did! Toning down the smokey eye a bit, since it's not really Christmas Eve right now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Please excuse the lack of lipstick, I obviously needed a touch up.

For reference, I used the brown shade on the lid, the white one under the brows, and the darkest shade as a liner. (But Chanel, why on earth do you put a pink in most palettes?)

Foundation is Nars Sheer Glow in Gobi.
I used Mac Tippy (LE/ from the Hello Kitty collection) on the cheeks, with a swipe of the BodyShop Berry higlighter from this season on top.
Invisible lipstick is Shiseido PK419 (what a romantic name, isn't it?).

I really love this look, I find the eyeshadow really makes my eyes even bluer - I actually liked the result so much I did the exact same look the next day, which never happens! Yay for you, Chanel.

Promo images are all property of Chanel.

4 comments:

  1. Beatiful. I love how you recreated the look and absolutely love the shadows. Gorgeous look for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks lovely! Darn Chanel and their tempting quads. They always come out with such elegant and beautiful promo images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good on you! I think I may pass on the quad, but I'm very tempted by the ombre d'eau.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful look! Really gorgeous colours for blue eyes. You are tempting me even more!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!