November 3, 2010

A Mac Pro Longwear update

Ladies (and gents?) I'm not going to lie, I have been neglecting my Pro Longwear foundation because I was finding it a bit hard to apply and a bit too sheer.

Well, it turns out I needed to do some more research on how to use it properly. First of all, Kelleyrie, who looks absolutely gorgeous wearing this foundation (or any foundation, as a matter of fact, but anyways) and loves it, told me she applies it with a damp sponge. Talk about something I never do!

Then I came across this in-depth review by Dustyohunter on YouTube:



Another damp sponge user!
Plus, I learned that Pro Longwear is the only waterproof and non-transferable foundation that Mac makes, while I believed Face&Body had these qualities as well. (I'll remember that when I need to tan up my legs and wear a white skirt next Summer!)

So I decided to give the damp sponge method a try, and here's the result:



Yes, it worked!
I could easily layer more product where I had redness showing and hardly needed any concealer other than under the eyes. Some more product and a patting motion, and that was done.
Since Pro Longwear's finish is quite matte, I did use some Strobe Cream on the cheeks so I would still get a slight glow showing through.

I still find it didn't last perfecly around my nose, especially after a walk under the rain and having to blow my nose a couple of times, but I think I could apply some more product there to see if it lasts better. For the rest, following said walk, I can confirm Pro Longwear is totally rain- and windproof!

Oh and in case you're wondering, I'm wearing Mac Oh So Fair beauty powder on the cheeks and Mac Violetta on the lips, both from the VV collection.

2 comments:

  1. Hey gorgeous! I wear it too in my today's post and find it really great indedd ^^. Great coverage (I applied it with fingers for once), no tranfer and very long lasting on me. Different experiment from us so to say.
    The color match is a lil different as I seem to be a NW20 in this particular one but I may jump in for a full size bottle. The famous "Bear from Abbesses" :))) just gave me a sample vial to try it out ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for posting this review! i tend to get oily skin throughout the day, so i definately need to give this foundation a try!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!