December 30, 2010

Best of 2010: Top items by brand

I thought I'd finish this serie by using a little tag I've seen here and there on the web. You are supposed to name ONE item that is the best product of a given brand.  I sometimes cheated and named 2, though


Avène Diacneal (retinoid/glycolic acid) and Cleanance K (AHA/BHA)
Becca Shimmery skin perfector
Bioderma Crealine H2O
Bobbi Brown- Creamy concealers and gel eyeliners
BodyShop - Seaweed cleanser
Burberry- Bronzer if you're fair, matte eyeshadows
Cargo- Blu Ray bronzer and blushes!
Clarins Everlasting foundation
Chanel-  Rouge Coco lipsticks (but I hate their smell), foundations if you can find a match
Dior- Diorskin Nude foundations (all of them!)
Edward Bess- Lipsticks
Estee Lauder- Advanced Night Repair Serum, best thing ever!
Givenchy- Le Prisme Visage (powders, bronzers and blushes)
Guerlain- Lipsticks, they're my favorite hands down
Illamasqua - best blushes ever - powder and cream; brow powder
Lancome- Artliner
La Roche Posay Cicaplast, Anthelios sun protection
Laura Mercier- Tinted moisturizer
Mac Brushes, and a lot of their permanent eyeshadows are staples for me
Makeup For Ever- Aqucreams
Mario Badescu - Silver powder
Nars- Sheer Glow foundation, blushes, eyeshadows are hit and miss but some are gorgeous
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows
Shiseido- Skin care, lip crayons
Shu Uemura- Eyeshadows and blushes
Urban Decay- Eyeshadow palettes, 24/7 liners
Yves Saint Laurent- Mascaras


Brands I didn't mention are either unavailable here, not yet tried by me, or not liked - if you have questions about particular brands, mentioned here or not, add them in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. Thankyou for this list! This is so helpful when deciding on purchases for next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to your reviews, I have discovered the following products that I will definitely repurchase, once finished:
    Avène Cleanance K
    BodyShop - Seaweed cleanser
    Clarins Everlasting foundation
    Mario Badescu - Silver powder

    Thank you for all the info you provide and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dempss01: glad it helped!

    @ Fab Fabs: I'm always amazed when people tell me they got a product on my reccomendation, and even more amazed when they like it LOL. But I think honest reviews are among the most interesting on beauty blogs so I'm really happy you found mine helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh. Now I'm going to try the seaweed cleanser (although it totally sounds like a colonic thing, eww); I'm always on the lookout for new cleansers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. I completly agree with you with NARS shadows. Some of them are perfect in every way and some are huge misses! Happy New Years! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!