January 18, 2011

Review: LipFusion InFatuation lipglosses

I received this Objects Of Desire gift set as a late Christmas gift. I have to say that I had never given much thought to Fusion lipglosses because in general, I hate lip plumping stuff. Well I don't mind having plumped lips, obviously, but the deal with most lip plumping products is that they sting and even burn like crazy and I hate that feeling.

However, having received these and having heard raves about them and how different they are from the usual stingy glosses, I had to give them a try - and I'm glad I did.

The lipglosses smell like grapefruit, and taste a bit like it too. It's actually a smell I like a lot in lipglosses, it reminds me of a particular gloss I had years ago and of which I used up 2 tubes (it was a limited edition). I don't remember the brand, but I do remember the smell!

After a couple of minutes, you will start feeling the tingling sensation that creates the plumping effect. Surprisingly, I didn't find it was that bad. It feels as if you have been eating a strong mint, it tingles a bit but it's very refreshing.
I also found these lipglosses to be very moisturizing, which is great because my lips are always so dry.

Now the product claims to give a permanent plumping effect on the long term and I can't judge that already. I don't really care about that, anyway, but I'll gladly use these glosses and recommend them for those of you who want the effect but hate stingy products like I do.

For those of you who want more information, here's the ingredient list as well as the product description that are given on the Fusion website. I can't say I really understand it all, but well...

Key Ingredients Amplifat™: concentrate (derived from a perennial sea fern) works with the skin’s own triggers to help naturally increase two key proteins that occur naturally in the skin (ADFP and FABP5). These two key proteins help induce diffusion and storage of fatty acids. Lip Vantage: is a dual-encapsulated plumping and highly hydrating ingredient that delivers incredible moisture and promotes lip renewal for more youthful looking lips Peptides: enhance collagen synthesis for naturally enhanced, lush, youthful, healthy lips. 

Other Ingredients: Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Octyldodecanol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Ethyl Methane Carboximide, Menthyl Lactate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Lauryl Laurate, Zea Mais(Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Gamma Aminobutyric Acid, Sodium Chonodroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dictyopteris Membranacea Extract, Flavor (Aroma), Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Menthol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sodium Saccharin, Tocopherol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral.
Have you tried plumping lipglosses? Like them or hate them?

6 comments:

  1. They look so pretty!

    I tend to stay away from plumping lip products because the skin around my lips is super sensitive and will go red and blotchy with any kind of irritant. I found out the hard way with MAC Plushglasses :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Buxom lipglosses : such lovely colors, not stingy ! There are quite expensive though and I have a tons of regular lipglosses to go through before I repurchased the Buxom ones...

    Thank you for commenting on my blog (I knew I could count on you ;-))

    Caro xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have but I've never had a lot of luck with them. They tingle for a few moments and then my lips looks exactly the same! But I'm willing to keep trying! :-)

    Happy Tuesday Darling! xo

    Oh, and pop over to my blog and enter my swimsuit GIVEAWAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huuge lip fusion fan. I never buy them any more as the website I used to buy from closed down but I used them for years! I feel like the lipfusion xl really worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I'm not sure about the sea fern extract, I love that this has peptides in it instead of relying on irritants like clove, cinnamon or peppermint oil to temporarily plump (essentially, those oils just irritate skin so that it swells.)

    Peptides have been proven to increase your skin's collagen production, which means they have the capacity to plump but also to reduce lines- perfect for around the lip area!

    For people like Jen W (and myself!) who are too sensitive to use most plumpers, this has far fewer irritants than most- it only contains a small amount of menthol, less, even, than what you would find in many balms for chapped lips- like
    Carmex or Blistex, so it may be a safe choice to try!

    Plus, pretty colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Jess: thanks for stopping by and feeding my scientific curiosity :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!