February 10, 2011

Review: Becca Line and Illuminate pencil.

This is the last product from my Becca Smokey Eye set. (Well that's a lie, there's a pencil sharpener in the kit as well, but I won't be reviewing that).
The Line and illuminate pencils are dual-ended pencils. The one I got is Belize, which the brands describes as a smokey mauve grey to illuminate and a sooty black violet to line.
You'll see swatches and product in action over at ModestyBrown.

I must be honest, I dont' get the "Illuminate" name, as the color is quite medium. This isn't something I'd use in my inner corner or on the brow bone, hence it doesn't match my idea of an illuminating product. But it's nevertheless a very pretty color that I wore as a liner on my upper lid, on top of the Pewter Eye Tint.
I was very impressed by the fact that this liner is very easy to smudge if you want to do that, but also stays put on very well as a liner.That means you could use it smudged over the lid as an eyeshadow base.

The Line part is dryer and much more intense in terms of color. It compliments the other color very well. I didn't have any problem with it.

This pencil is available as a single item in the permanent line, and there are 6 different color duos to chose from. You will get 3.9g/0.14 oz of product for $23 - £17.
Very nice product, quite foolproof and easy to use, and very pretty colors. Something to bring along with you on week-end for quick and easy dramatic looks!

1 comment:

  1. I like the name, even though it may not say anything about the product.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!