March 9, 2011

Favorite Fuschia lipsticks (with swatches).

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I have a slight addiction to fucshia lipsticks. (And to orange ones, too, but that's for another post). Even though I'm pale, I love the way they look on me and brighten my face.
I recently decided to put them side by side to make sure I wasn't buying duplicates without knowing. Thanks Heavens, I'm not. I do swear there are differences in all of them!

These are my Fuchsia lovelies. See? They're all different in tones (and finish, too)
While I was at it, I decided to swatch them for you - on white paper because I'm lazy. Ok, maybe not, but they're all quite pigmented and hard to remove, swatching them on lips would have been pointless.
Hope you can read my scribblings :-)


Don't ask me to pick a favorite, that would be like chosing between my children! I will say, though, that I have probably worn Girl About Town the most, but that the Maybelline Crazy Pink is more comfortable on the lips. Lickable is infused with gold particles that make it really lovely, and is a good dupe for the pro color Show Orchid (that I don't have), and Gulabi and Schiap are both matte, but I prefer the Nars matte texture.

Revlon gloss in Pink Pop is also well loved.

Do you have a favorite fuchsia lipstick? And what's your skintone?

8 comments:

  1. Oooooh, posts including Mac swatches are my favourites ;)

    If you've swatched the same order as in the first pic, then my favourite has to be Gulabi! Shame that it's LE... I simply don't get why Mac makes so many LE products that are available for purchase for such a short period of time...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cbsg: yes I did swatch in the same order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I'm a NC42 and my favorite is MAC Lickable. Does NYX Chloe pass for fuchsia?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lexi: well it leans towards berry but it's definitely a pretty bright pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to try NYX Mega Shine gloss in Dolly Pink, it's absolutely amazing :) Swatches coming soon on my blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd loooove to see these on skin...even the back of your hand? ::lookingsweetly::

    I've just recently become a fan of fuchsia- I never thought I could wear it, but put it on one day as a joke...and liked it! I'm fairly dying to get ahold of Morgana Cryptoria's Azalea Blue- I love fuchsias with strong blue highlights- it makes the lips look almost like they're vibrating! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rocaille: thanks for the recs, can't wait to see that!

    @Jess: will try ;) And I need to check out that one, I love the blue toned fuchsia as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also a fuchsia lipstick lover! I have Nars Schiap, Mac Lickable, Mac Speak Louder, Mac Impassion (would you call it fuchsia?) Milani Hip, Barry M Vibrant Pink and Barry M Schocking Pink, Kat Von D Backstage Bambi, Dior Pink Caprice and YSL Rouge Pur Tropical Pink. This last one, matte and blue toned, might be my perfect match, but there is still one I would give my soul to get : YSL Fuchsia Innocent, which just doesn't seem to be available here in Canada, nor in the USA. Well, maybe I am just too obsessed with slight color differences no one but a total addict would notice...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!