March 13, 2011

FOTD: Kate Moss inspired



This advertising is to be seen everywhere at the moment, not only in magazines but in the streets around my place.
You know how much I love winged liner, and even though I'm not particularly a fan of Kate Moss and I don't own Dior Iconic lipsticks, I thought this look was stunning and that I'd love to try it. So I did!



FACE:
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (B10)
Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer (01)
Mac Oh So Fair beauty powder blush


EYES:
Mac Fling eyebrow pencil and Mink brow gel
Mac Blanc Type
Mac Wedge
Lancome Art Liner in black
YSL Faux Cils in black


LIPS:
Mac Violetta


I took the pictures in a changing room (great light, huge mirror) while I was trying on clothes so you get my outfit of the day as a bonus (yes, these are my clothes, not ones I was trying on).






Any look you've been inspired by lately?

10 comments:

  1. I love it. It looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! I think I am gonna try it. What liquid eyeliner do you like?

    Cathy
    www.TheFrumpyMom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great with a winged eyeliner look! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!

    @ Cathy: I honestly prefer gel liner, I find it much easier to apply but in this case I needed the blackest black I could get and that works best with liquid. I used the Lancome Art Liner, but it has a very good L'Oreal dupe. I also like Rimmel Exaggerate liner a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous with this look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look; you look awesome :)

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that look! I have a beauty question for you (maybe you can email me or comment on my blog with a response?). I've had some acne the past year that has left scars (no!!!). They look like slightly enlarged pores. I have a few on my nose, and from far away you can't see them at all. But up close you can. Know of any good sensitive skin friendly fillers that I can put on before I put on my makeup? I figured you'd be my best bet to ask. : O )

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Kelly and Jen: thanks

    @ Marty: hi! The best bet is to use a silicone based primer, if you're not sensitive to silicones. A very good one is the Clarins Instant Smooth Makeup Base. You don't need much, especially if you only use it around your nose, so the high priced jar will last you a long time but if you want a budget friendly alternative, the L'Oreal Studio primer in a jar (not the one in a tube) is said to be a very good dupe!
    Other than that you might want to consider using specific skincare to try and reduce scarring, like AHA... let me know if you're interested and I can send you more specific information and resources.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info. I may try the L'Oreal one first, just to try it, and if I like it, upgrade to the Clarins. What I really need to do is go see a dermatologist (it's on my list for 2011!), but who has the time for that? I barely have time to clean my house. : O )

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!