March 19, 2011

Random Saturday



If you don't already know the Beauty and the Bullshit blog, I really recommend you check it out. The author used to work in the cosmetics industry and tells it all: why your favorite lipstick color always ends up being discontinued, are drugstore eye pencils really different from the high end ones, tactics to make us buy more makeup... It's not all pretty and nice, but the way she writes it is hilarious and even though I don't love beauty products any less after having read that, I kind of enjoy knowing the dirty secrets of that world.

Buy makeup for a good cause, this blogsale donates 50% of proceeds to the Japanese Red Cross.

We're going to raise funds for Japan with the Beauty Blog Link Love network, more info coming soon.


This week I've been wearing lots of winged liner looks this past week, since I found how to create all kinds of crazy liner colors with eyeshadows and Illamasqua Sealing Gel. I use a Mac 266 to draw the line and I'm good to go, this is staying in place all day!

Reviews to come soon: Rouge Bunny Rouge cream eyeshadow and blush, Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks versus Dior Addict lipsticks, and my Illamasqua Toxic Nature haul!

Happy week-end!


2 comments:

  1. Just followed the blog. Thanks for the recomandation. I have been snooping around her blog and absolutely love it. Hope you're having a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!