March 15, 2011

Review: LRP Redermic + Yeux aka my eye cream of choice


This eye cream was featured in my recent skincare routine, and it's high time I bring you the review I promised!


What the brand says:
Combines 5% pure Vitamin C, a leading anti-ageing active ingredient, and Madecassoside, a more than 95%-purified active ingredient recognised for its skin-repairing properties, to intensify synthesis of the skin's filling and support fibres (collagens I, III, IV, VII). REDERMIC[+] EYES includes a new anti-ageing active ingredient, Neurosensine, to fight against the "micro-inflammatory" stress that speeds ageing. Fragrance-free, ophthalmologist-tested on subjects with sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

My experience:
I use this eye cream every night, but you can use it twice a day. It's specially formulated to help with crow's feet and fine lines around the eyes and I must say that on the long term, I do find it makes a difference.

The formulation has been slightly improved but I had already used a full tube of it in the past and had found it did work on smoothing the eye area and reducing fine lines. I do find that the Madecassoide LRP use in their anti-wrinkle products is really effective: the first time I ever used it was 10 years ago, after a minor skin surgery to reduce scarring and it really worked! No wonder it's working against age signs as well. And of course, the Vit C does help brightening the skin.

The product is unscented and absolutely non irritating. It does penetrate the skin quickly and doesn't feel sticky or heavy. The tube is small (15ml) but you obviously need the tiniest amount so it will last you several months.

It's not the cheapest eye cream on the market - €22/£17/USD41 -  but it's definitely not as expensive as some high end brands are, and definitely more effective in my opinion.

Do I recommend? Yes. The friends who tried it on my advice have had a great experience with it as well.
Also, LRP tends to market this as a product for women over 40, while I do think that it's never to early to fight ageing signs, particularly around the eye area. So if you're in your late 20's or early 30's and find that your eye skin isn't what it used to be, don't think twice before starting to use an anti-ageing product.


Ingredients (for the science geeks):
AQUA / WATER, DIMETHICONE , GLYCERIN, LIMNANTHES ALBA SEED OIL / MEADOWFOAM SEED OIL , ASCORBIC ACID, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE , CETYL ALCOHOL, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, PEG-100 STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, SODIUM STYRENE/MA COPOLYMER, POLYSORBATE 20, MADECASSOSIDE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE, ROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ACETYL DIPEPTIDE-1 CETYL ESTER, XANTHAN GUM, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL.
Note: Yes there are silicones in it, which not everyone is keen on using, but I have been explained they are useful in maintaining the Vit C stability and effectiveness, so I can live with them.


3 comments:

  1. Hrmn... have they dc'ed the one for the face? Active-C?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ A Nice Wee Lass: well unfortunately yes, at least here in Europe. They have discontinued quite a few things recently, some of them were favorites of mine, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Through proper research, checking on the product specific ingredients, visiting dermatologists as well as reading best eye cream reviews, you can be assisted in deciding on what is the best eye cream to purchase.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!