March 14, 2011

Review: Rouge Bunny Rouge Deliquescence Makeup Melt Cleanser





Since I needed to place yet another order with Zuneta after the Oskia incident, I decided I wanted to try a couple of skincare novelties while I was at it.


I had been eyeing RBR cleanser called Deliquescence, which is a cleansing balm, for a little while. I like to think of it as some kind of hybrid between a cleansing oil and a cream and for some reason that felt really appealing to me. I mean, how luxurious does the description sound:


This luxuriously rich and creamy balm melts like butter with the warmth of your skin; add warm water to swiftly transform the butter into a heavenly milky sap that dissolves even waterproof make-up without a trace, while nourishing and pampering your face. Use a delicate muslin cloth, wrapped around your hand, to sweep away all impurities, cleanse and gently tone, leaving your skin angelically resplendent.


Also the formula is packed with natural ingredients supposed to have promising properties:
Cacao Butter offers excellent moisturising and smoothing properties for a soft, velvety appearance. Meadowfoam Seed Oil is an outstanding moisturiser and anti-oxidant, helping to prevent moisture loss and boost your true radiance. 
Inspired by aromatherapy and enriched with an essential oil mixture of Chamomile, Clove, Eucalyptus and Lavender, our Make-up Melt Cleanser will not only improve your skin’s suppleness and softness but also revitalises and leaves you with a sensuous and soothing feeling. 
Chamomile calms the skin with anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-depressant effects. Clove adds stimulating and aphrodisiac qualities. Eucalyptus is anti-bacterial, balsamic and antiseptic. Lavender provides soothing, anti-inflammatory, refreshing and antiseptic effects, and also acts on the nervous system as an extraordinary mind refresher, restoring your inner balance, strength and vitality.


In short: the ultimate cleansing experience!


How do you use it? Well, you massage the product (a rich transparent balm) into your skin and then remove your makeup with a moslin cloth. It's very easy to do, as you can see in this video:









It is very effective and works on all types of makeups, like a cleansing oil would do.


What I like about it:

  • the packaging is very pretty: a smoked glass jar with a black cap - very nice to look at
  • you do get a moslin cloth with it, no need to buy separately (although you won't go very far with only one)
  • the smell is really lovely and natural, no heavy perfume but a light herbal scent
  • the balm texture is very pleasant
  • it leaves your skin clean and feeling very soft but not greasy at all unlike some cleansing oils
What I don't like about it:
  • I always find it uncomfortable to remove mascara with my fingers and anything else than a micellar jelly, so I tend to use a separate eye makeup remover
  • I don't find it's that easy to massage this product into the skin (and particularly the eyes) without using quite a lot of it and...
  • ... the jar is quite small (50g) and...
  • it's super expensive: £46
My overall opinion:
At that price, and considering I have a lot of cheaper options to cleanse my normal/combination skin, I don't want to use this product on a daily basis. Maybe if you're very dry, the unique texture will make it work the price but for me that's not the case.
It is a luxury cleanser and so I keep it for luxury treatments: either when I'm doing a facial at home or if I'm super tired and want to pamper myself. It does a perfect job, but it's really pricey.


Have you tried anything from RBR Skincare? Anything you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!