April 16, 2011

The Becca face - and a little shout out.

Over the past month, I've been getting a few Becca products, some of them I told you about here among other posts.


One of the products I got and found a bit hard to use is the Foundation Stick. A lot of people rave about it but it does require a certain technique and I obviously didn't master the way to apply it correctly, which is why I cried for help on a makeup forum. I was advised to watch this video:





This made me double happy because

  1. this video is really helpful and shows how to work with a lot of Becca products
  2. I didn't know Katie Hughes but she is a fantastic makeup artist, I've been watching all of her vids since I found this one and really enjoyed them - you need to check her channel out if you haven't yet!


So I decided to dig up (almost all of) my collection of Becca products and do a full Becca face!




I used:
Hydrating Silk Primer
Stick Foundation in Praline
Luminous Skin Color in Nude
Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal
Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer in #1 (I don't own a Becca concealer)
Fine Lose Finishing Powder in Sesame
Beach Tint in Watermelon as a blush
Eye Tint in Pewter as a base on the eye
Enigma palette (all 3 colors)
Line and Illuminate Pencil in Belize
The Ultimate Mascara in black


On the lips, I could have used Watermelon as well but I wanted to try my new Revlon Lip Taint in Frenzy :) My lips arent' in great condition, though, so the result isn't as even as it should - oh well...


And here's the result!





I'll be reviewing some of the products in the coming weeks.
Have you tried Becca? How do you like their products?

EDIT: Trying it again with a polished work-day look!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look! I'd love to see a swatch of the peweter eye tint. :) I want to purchase one of their eye tints badly. Do not own any of them at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that lip color, and the whole make-up looks great! I've yet to try Becca, but I love the look of their lip & cheek cremes... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a Becca blush called Malika- it is absolutely gorgeous, shimmery and peachy! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post thanks for showing me a new person to follow on youtube, I definitely should look into Becca (being Aussie and and all hehe)

    Lovely fotd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! I have in-depth reviews and swatches coming for my Becca products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was actually me who recommended Katie and this video in particular on MUA... she is so talented and really knows what she is talking about.

    I love your Becca face, very fresh and glowy :)

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Thank you so much Anna, I was about to give up on that stick foundation when you pointed me to that vid, and I'm so glad I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I ask what shade you are in MAC? I am still not sure whether to go for Cashmere or Nude LSC and Banana, Tahini, Macadamia or Butterscotch stick foundation...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Anna: technically I'm an NC15, rather neutral. For the stick, I'd say Praline is a very good match for my natural skin color. I believe Banana is the next shade up. For the liquid, I went a bit darker because I know I'm going to fake tan, but I think Cashmere might have been a better match than Nude, which is a bit golden for me. Anyway, as the products blend really well, I can get along with what I have.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!