April 6, 2011

Review: Clarins Delectable Self Tanning Mousse




This, my friends, was the outside temperature as I was driving my car around noon on Saturday. For those of you who use Farenheit degrees, that would be a solid 73°. Not bad for the beginning of April, even quite unusual for my area.


And what does that mean? Well, more skin showing... and I'm of course a nice fluorescent white, especially on my legs and on my neck and decolletage (that aren't even matching my face) since they've been fully covered for the past 6 months.
So I was in need of a quick and safe sun fix: self-tanner. And I picked this one:






I chose it because:
1/ it says mousse and I like anything with a mousse texture
2/ Clarins self-tanners have an excellent reputation
3/ a friend of mine likes it and recommended it last year


The product comes in a large round jar (125ml) and you'll also find a spatula in the box for a more hygienic use. It is indeed a mousse that looks and feels like a dense whipped cream.
The product contains Mirabelle oil for extra hydration and has an SPF 15, which is always nice.
Interesting fact: you can use it on the body and face, no need to get separate products.


My experience with the product:
I applied a tiny bit on clean dry skin and blended well. I did notice a slight fake-tan smell when I was applying but it was nothing overpowering. The product blends well but since it's white, you really have to work area by area and blend well to make sure you won't miss a spot, as you don't have a color guide to make forgotten areas noticeable.


The next morning I was pleasantly surprised by the absence of smell and by how smooth my skin felt.
However, the tan was extremely subtle - it just gave me the extra half-shade I needed on my neck to match my face.
That is not necessarily a bad thing, but if you're after a quick intense tan, this won't probably work for you. However if you're pale and looking for a subtle sunkissed glow that you can gradually build, this is something for you.
I still need to experiment with bigger quantities of product applied at once but for now, I don't really need more color than that.
I must also say that this fades away very naturally as well.
The products contains 


All in all a very nice product, maybe not for the hardcore fake-tanners, but definitely for the pale ladies wanting to look healthy, and also for dry-skinned ones who will enjoy the hydrating oil in the formula. Extra-points for being suitable for both body and face!


This retails for € 32/USD 42. That's more than St Tropez or Xen-Tan but with these you'll need a separate face product, which will bring the price mark above the Clarins.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent review! I found with a lot of Clarins products that... how to say it diplomatically? they are nice but could be better. By the way, Itried St Tropez and absolutely loved it (and its much cheaper then Clarins). Was going to do a product review on it next week, so if you are interested, lets keep in touch!
    xoxo
    Marusya V
    http://crashingred.com
    p.s. really enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marusya,
    Do you mean St Tropez or St Moritz? Becuse for me buying St Tropez online isn't really that cheaper than Clarins unless I have free shipping and all that jazz. Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!