April 22, 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long Lasting Eyeshadow - Silk Aether -Chiffon Ringlet

Isn't that name a mouthful, for a product that looks so tiny!

Consdering how much I love the Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadows, I had to try one of their new Silk Aether cream ones. I picked Chiffon Ringlet described as a semi-sheer satin mauvish chocolate with copper reflection.  Ah, anything claiming to be copper is appealing to me.  Here's how it looks:



I'm not sure it's really mauvish, or even really coppery, but it's indeed a very pretty warm chocolate.
As a comparison, you can see it here swatched near Becca Eye Tint in Pewter, which is much cooler and darker.


Despite the dark color (the rest of the range is mostly lighter), this color is very wearable because you can use a tiny bit and blend it easily with your finger to get a sheer wash. But it can be built to a more intense color by layering more.

I find the formula very nice, less greasy in texture than my Becca Pewter, really creamy and easy to apply thanks to the doe foot applicator. Using your fingers to pat or blend the product is working really well. You can also use this as a liner and/or smudge with a pencil brush. The finish is definitely satin, not shimmery or glittery.

I always wear a primer under eyeshadows, cream or powder, and this one lasted perfectly for 10+ hours on top of it. It's also a very pretty base for a smoky look.

Available from Zuneta - £26 (there are five shades in total). A very nice product for RBR lovers and cream eyeshadow addicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!