June 11, 2011

Androïd Cupcakes and other Blues FOTD

This week I've been both revisiting an old favorite look and trying out new or still untried goodies.

I don't know what inspired me to recreate this look from last Summer with Mac Soften The Mood trio.
It's soft, pretty, feminine and still work appropriate.


Although it's not very visible, I also used my flat iron to do some soft curls again. I actually sported this hairstyle all week, and even did this makeup several days in a row (which hardly ever happens).
Lipstick is Mac Blankety, blush is Nars Deep Throat but there's a bit of bronzer underneath.
Base is the Becca Skin Perfecting System that I've already worn in past FOTD's.

After a week of soft work appropriate looks, week-end obviously calls for more drama!
I wanted to try my new Illamasqua Android Pure Pigment.


Going through my stash to find something I could pair it with, I found my mini-size of Fyrinnae Calavera Cupcakes, which is a beautiful greyish light blue




You can't see that in the pictures, but both pigments are very shimmery. It's pretty and it would be perfect for a night out! I actually think it looks like a shimmery version of Nars Underworld. A little bit darker, maybe.
As a base I used my now discontinued Biotherm Aquaradiance Light! foundation. I now notice that in terms of texture, it looks a bit like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, but definitely with less coverage. Blushes are Happy Together and Nars Penny Lane.

This makes me think of revisiting more old looks in the coming weeks. Who's with me?

3 comments:

  1. I love looking through some of my old looks as well, so I'm with you on this one! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you sweetie! I love the greyish look. Your make up skills are just getting better and better. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you know any websites that sell the discontinued biotherm

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!