August 15, 2011

30 -30 : #4


4. Do you like wearing foundation? If so, what's your color and favourite?
Aaah foundation, my biggest makeup obsession, one that won't leave me before I've tried everything that's available on earth, or so it seems!

Yes I do love wearing foundation, and those of you who have been reading this blog for a while know that I have tried and reviewed 28 different foundations over the past 2 years!

I don't need the same amount of coverage all the time, so I can go from very minimal to full. I also like different finishes and consistencies depending on the time of the year, the occasion, the external temperature... So I definitely can't be happy with just one foundation.

But I can say that I have now a little army of trusted and well-loved foundations that keep me going all year round, such as Nars Sheer Glow (which definitely makes my skin look at its best), Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Becca Skin Perfecting System (which is a combination of several products), Clarins Everlasting and Illamasqua cream foundation for very cold Winter days.


In terms of coloring, I go for fair neutral colors with yellow undertones - that would be a Mac NC 15 to speak in well-known terms.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! Currently working on my own "Holy Grail" foundationin my at home lab just for that reason!

    Love your blog by the way - your reviews are brilliant!

    The Beauty Chemist,
    www.beautyfeelosophy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ the beauty feelosophy: thanks! will be interesting to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!