August 17, 2011

A few FOTD's from the past days...

I'm not really wearing Summery colors these days, as Summer looks far far away already. So most of the time I go back to my usual neutrals, which aren't worth being shown on here every time, I guess.





Don't ask me what exactly I was wearing in that look, I did pick and assemble what was easy to grab on that day. What I know, however, is that I have re-discovered an eyeshadow I hal hardly ever used: Mac Style Snob.




This was released in one of the previous Mac Starflash collections. After I had gotten it, I had somehow decided it looked too much like Satin Taupe and I depotted it, put it in a palette and kind of forgot about it. But I now find that it's a gorgeous taupe with a slightly rosey undertone, a bit lighter than Satin Taupe, really, and it's a lovely crease color for lots of different looks!


Another color I hadn't used for a long time is Mac Sketch:





Here I used Sketch in the outer corner with Woodwinked on the lid and... Style Snob in the crease :)
I actually bought Sketch and Woodwinked together during my first visit to a Mac store back in 2008. It's not a color I use a lot, but it's deep and pretty, and it adds drama to both warm and cool looks.




More Style Snob action on this one, combined with Patina on the lid and Satin Taupe on the outer corner. It was a Taupe kind of day!




Of course, neutral eye, chocolate winged liner and pink lips still have a place of choice in my makeup wardrobe.






And this last one is grey and orange - I usually don't play matchy matchy with my clothes, but the orange adds warmth to the grey outfit and makeup. This is a look I like a lot, that I create with my Shiseido Fire eyeshadow trio.
I'm wearing Illamasqua Lover as a blush (my all time favorite) and lipstick is Mac Drive Me Wild.


So, nothing extraordinarily new in these looks. But since I just received my UD 15th Anniversary palette, you might get to see more original ones in the coming days/weeks!



2 comments:

  1. Woodwinked is looking really pretty on you, i really like the second makeup look!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!