August 16, 2011

Illamasqua Undereye Concealer

A long time ago I had tried the Illamasqua Concealer but I didn't like it. The thing is, Illamasqua is actually selling 2 products: a concealer, that is meant for hiding blemishes and flaws all over the face or body, and an undereye concealer. 
My bad, I had gotten the regular concealer thinking I could use it under my eyes, and that was a bad idea.  This is a thick, full coverage product which I don't think will work under anybody's eyes without looking cakey.


So I recently decided to give the undereye concealer a try, as I had read that this one is lighter and has light reflecting properties, which is always nice to brighten the undereye area. I thought I could use it when I don't need as much coverage as my Bobbi Brown creamy concealer provides.


Well, I love this concealer. It's very light and easy to spread, it's kind of sheer, but it is indeed light reflective and really brightens my under eye area. I need a tiny bit only and since the little compact is so big (2.5 ml) I think it's going to last me a long while. I also like that you get a real mirror with the jar.


However, life being ironic as it is, or maybe it's just because I recently turned 34 and age is starting to show, I have had the worst dark circles even lately. Which does require industrial strength product. Well, I have realized that using the Bobbi Brown corrector in Light Bisque and putting the Illamasqua undereye concealer on top is the perfect combination to hide my ashy greenish dark circles.
(yes, they're greenish, that's what you get when you have olive undertones). Winning combo!


However, this concealer being so easy to spread, it can move into your fine lines, so make sure you set it with some powder - I still use the Bobbi Brown Light Yellow powder that is made to set concealer and brighten the skin.


Some shades of this product are currently 25% off on the Illamasqua website, so now is a good time to try this concealer!





1 comment:

  1. Love the look! Patina arrived in my US parcel last week and I can't wait to try this with my Satin Taupe.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!