September 2, 2011

August Favorites

While August should be a time of the year where you embrace glowy tanned skin and all the highlighting products that go with it, we had a rather cool month here, with lots of rain and comfy jumpers envy. I haven't even bothered fake tanning my legs most of the month since I needed to cover them anyway.
So here are my not so Summery favorites for August.
Bobbi Brown corrector (in Light Bisque)
Fantastic product, I can't believe I didn't get it sooner. Since I've been doing some nude and monochromatic looks, flawless skin is a must so this comes really handy.


Illamasqua Undereye Concealer (In 210)
Great light product, easy to spread, light reflecting, comes in a very handy compact with mirror - really a new favorite of mine!




Chanel Vitalumière Aqua.
I know, I know, this one is on my list almost every month! What can I say? I just love it and you've read my high opinion of it more than once!


Diorskin Nude Bronzer in Aurora.
This one I didn't like that much when I first got it. I bought it because of the hype and then didn't find it was all that and a bag of ships. I even thought of putting it on the blog sales.
However I decided to give it another chance and I'm glad I did because for some reason I found it worked pretty well and ended up using it every day of this month, applied with my EcoTools powder brush. It gives the perfect amount of non-orange warm glow on my pale skin, I really enjoy it now!


Dior Addict lipsticks, in particular #332 Stunning Beige.
Yes, me, Miss Fuchsia and Orange lips, I have fallen in love with a beige lipstick.
It's just so natural and pretty when you're wearing heavy eyes and bronzer and blush or within a nude monochromatic look.
I enjoy the formulation of these lipsticks in general, as they're really moisturizing, shiny and pretty without being sticky or unpigmented. I currently own 3 of them, but I can foresee getting more in the future!


Essie Nailpolishes


All the minky, taupey and muddy colors of last Winter are back on my bedside table, as I've been wearing them a lot lately. Some of the Essie nailpolishes can be a bit watery, which is too bad really, but when the formula is good, then it's really good and absolutely gorgeous.
Playa del Platinum, Angora Cardi, Merino Cool and Sew Psyched are my top picks of the moment.




What did you enjoy using this month?

1 comment:

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!