September 7, 2011

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary palette review and FOTD



Look at that beauty! This is the eyeshadow palette that Urban Decay released this Summer to celebrate their 15th anniversary.
Since I knew I wouldn't have any access to it where I live, I had to get a little help from a friend in the US to get my hands on it - 
I haven't added any UD to my collection for a long while, not since I received the Naked Palette last year for my birthday, but I simply couldn't resist this one after I had seen those swatches on a makeup friend's blog.




I have used this palette quite a few times already since I got it. I actually really like the way they balanced it between neutral shades and bright colors, as I think this offers a great variety of possibilities for different looks. There are 15 shades in this palette, and all of them are new.








The quality of the eyeshadows is what you can expect from Urban Decay: they are soft, easy to blend, and insabely pigmented.
There are, however, a couple of things that won't please everybody's taste. First of all, there are a few crazy glittery eyeshadows in there. Midnight Cowboys has raised a few more cousins and here we are with Midnight Rodeo and Midnight 15, which look absolutely gorgeous as colors but will drop glitter everywhere as soon as you apply them. I mean, I tried using them, and I found glitter all over my brushes on the next day, even brushes I hadn't used to create the look!
Secondly, there are no matte eyeshadows in the lot. I would have loved to have at least one (Vanilla, for example), so I could have taken this palette to travel without bothering taking something else with me. But using those eyeshadows only from lashes to brown will make you look like a discoball, you need to throw some matte shade in the game.


Other than that, I enjoy the palette very much. Here's the look I was wearing yesterday, that I created using Chase on the lid, Deeper in the crease, MIA on the outer corner and as a liner, and Deep End on top of some NYX Jumbo Pencil in Yoghurt to create something different in the inner corner.
I used Mac Brule on the brow bone.


Chase is going to be one of my new favorite lid colors, I think!



It's kind offierce, it's probably not everyone's taste, but it's interesting and I do like it.
I am, by the way, wearing my Givenchy Lune Rosee glow blush again, and enjoying it a lot. Lipstick is Dior Addict in It Pink.


Have you got this palette? Are you enjoyng it?

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous with that pop of blue in the inner corners!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!