October 5, 2011

Review: Estee Lauder Modern Mercury - Pure Color Liner in Graphite



The Fall-Winter collection for Estee Lauder is called Modern Mercury, and was created by Tom Pecheux. It is, as you would easily imagine for a Fall Winter collection, a mix of greyish eyeshadows and of deep lip shades. Nothing very original in my opinion - I mean the promotional look is stunning and I have no reason to doubt the quality of the products but for most of them, they feel like "been there done thate" for me.
The only thing that caught my eye in the eye product is the Pure Color liquid liner in Graphite.

This liquid liner comes with a felt tip kind of applicator (not always my favorite but it's mainstream nowadays). What made me purchase the product after I swatched it was the unique graphite color with silver sparkles, and the fact that it was staying on my hand really well even after some serious rubbing.




 
You can see on those pictures that the color is quite intense and that I managed to do a proper application of the product - without much difficulty, I must say. Good points for the applicator!

I actually prefer this liner to my Lancome Art Liner, I found it easier to apply and even more long-lasting. I think it's going to be very pretty with silvery Winter looks, but as you can see, it does work for a day at work as well!


Pure Color liner in Graphite - £19, $21, €24 (yeah, bad exchange rate strikes again).

7 comments:

  1. You're so right this liner would be beautiful with silvery wintery looks. I have seen reviews before the release but you just made me want it haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are stunning as usual! Beautiful liner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The liner looks gorgeous on you!

    Dont forget to enter my $50 La Posh Style giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is the best EL stuff always limited edition?!

    Tell me darling, do I need this if I have Chanel Mirifique?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!

    @ The Driveller: my dear, you can consider they look a bit similar although this one looks more grey. Mirifique would require a bit of building up before you can reach the same opacity and it's not going to look as sharp... but I'm not sure getting both is necessary, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, it seems so chic and elegant!
    i love the line that you did, it's perfect! with wintery silvery looks it would be great, you're right!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love the look of this! I've been looking for an alternative to my black eyeliner and this looks great. You look gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!