October 1, 2011

September Favorites

September has been going incredibly fast for me, as it was incredibly busy at work. That, unfortunately, didn't leave me much time to play with makeup or to blog as much as I wanted. But the one good thing about this month is that Summer made a come back at the end of it, and as I'm writing I am wearing one of my little Summer dresses, which is incredible for October 1st in my country!

Now, onto my favorites for this month!




Mac Below Ground Greasepaint Stick
I have used this a lot this month, for a quick and easy look: line the eyes thickly with Below Ground, then apply a bronzey color like UD Smog on top of it and up to above the crease. Blend the edges and you're done. The unblended thick liner gives depth to my slightly hooded lip in a different way than the usual mix of light shade on the lid and darker one in the crease.
This whole look is actually a favorite for this month, and one I'm bringing into October!




Illamasqua Theatre of the Nameless Nailpolishes in Taint and Faux-Pas



I got the brown and the purple shade in this new range of "kink" effect nailpolishes and have really been enjoying them. They're easy to apply and opaque in one coat if you're in a hurry.

 



Palettes: Becca Lost Week-End and Urban Decay 15th Anniversary.

I'm on a neutral bronzy/gold kick at the moment, with the exception of some bright blue cravings. These palettes have been well loved all month as I love the quality and pigmentation of the shadows.

 


Mac lipsticks in Charismatic and Ravishing.

I've mentioned these before, and these are colors I always turn back to - often in combination with Illamasqua Lover and/or Unrequited blushes. I find that they warm up my face and look great with the bronzy eye looks I have illustrated above.


What were your favorites for this month?





1 comment:

  1. That Greasepaint stick looks gorgeous on your eyes :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!