November 28, 2011

Bioderma Hydrabio Mask





Always hunting for the mask that will help my skin going through Winter with minimal dehydration issues, I've recently been trying this Bioderma Hydrabio hydrating mask.
I actually got this one for free last Summer when I purchased several other Bioderma products and so it had been hiding in a drawer since then, but now is the right time to experiment!


What the brand says:
  • Hydrabio Mask provides deep-down, long-lasting moisture during periods of extreme dehydration. The skin thus regains its comfort, softness, suppleness and radiance.
  • Patented Aquagenium® biological complex stimulates the skins cellular capabilities, re-training it to generate in depth, and to lock in on the surface, the moisture essential for its balance.
  • Smooth and wrapping texture leaves a pleasant feeling of softness and protection.
  • Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.
My experience with the product:

The product is a white rather unscented lotion, not a thick cream. It applies easily and on very dehydrated areas, it can tingle a bit. You can apply a thick layer and wait for 10 minutes, then wipe off the  excess with a tissue and go to sleep. You'll find that it forms a kind of film on the skin, and personally I haven't had anything to wipe off as my skin has absorbed most of the stuff.
You can use this daily for a week when you first start, so you can restore good skin, then use it twice a week.

I do agree that this does nourish the skin and is very well absorbed. However this won't heal your skin overnight - and mine wasn't even that damaged, I have gone through times where it was way worse than that. So you will definitely need to use it for several days to feel improvement.

The wrapping / film creating texture feels a bit weird but it makes your skin smoother when you wake up in the morning.

What I'm not too sure about, though, is te "re-training skin to generate moisture" thingy. As soon as I don't use this for a few days, my skin starts feeling tight again and dry patches reappear.

My conclusion:

I do think this is a very good product for sensitive, allergy-prone skins. On this level, I'd recommend it over Lierac Hydra Bio, for example. Same thing if you don't like scented products and want something really neutral.
It's also very easy to apply and not sticky, unlike the Lierac product. It feels much more "medical" on all aspects where Lierac feels very luxurious.
In terms of effectiveness, I would say it's quite good as long as you keep using it as often as you feel the need. It's no miracle solution that will heal your skin once and for all, but it's quite easy to use on a daily basis.

Bioderma Hydrabio Mask, 75ml, 38$ - 12€ (bad conversion factor strikes against US, this time).

And of course, the ingredient list for the science nerds:

WATER (AQUA), PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PETROLATUM, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, POLYETHYLENE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), SALICYLIC ACID, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, XYLITOL, MANNITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM CETEARYL SULFATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, XANTHAN GUM, NIACINAMIDE, HEXYLDECANOL, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!