November 17, 2011

FOTD with Bare Minerals High Shine - Glisten

There are some brands that I always swatch in store, always look at on websites and then never buy anything from. Bare Minerals is one of them. Until recently I had never tried any product at all from the brand.
However, seeing blog reviews on their new High Shine eyeshadows made me want to give those gorgeous products a try. I got 2 of them, and the one I am trying on today is Glisten.


The thing that made me get this product is the fact that, despite the lose form, it's supposedly less messy than a lose eyeshadow in a pot form, thanks to the little applicator. And indeed I found this quite easy to apply, providing you do put a tissue on your cheeks while you do because there will be fall out.


Glisten is a gorgeous complex color. It looks like a gold with a rose undertone when you see it in the pot, but once applied it's even more complex than that - it makes me think of Max Vex on crack.
The shine factor obviously comes from the very shimmery (not glittery) formula so I would say that this might enhance fine lines on the lid, which can be a problem for some people.
I would also recommend you use a primer or base underneath so this lose powder has something to stick to - I used my beloved Nars primer.
I used Glisten all over the lid with Mac Plumage on the outer corners.

BM Glisten + Mac Plumage

As you can see, this can settle in lines/crease a bit but it's gorgeous nevertheless!





I think this kind of eyeshadow can easily be worn on its own with liner, thanks to its complexity. That's something I need to try, too!


Other products used:
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B10
Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer
Integrate brow pen in brown
Nars Penny Lane blush + Mac Stereo Rose MSF on top
Mac Brule on the brow bone
YSL Faux-Cils mascara in black
Dior Addict lipstick in 332 Stunning Beige

3 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! I love the minky color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your eyeshadow echoes the colours in your scarf today. Thanks for the review too, the shade is beautiful but you told me just what I needed to know -- emphasising texture = do not want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look...but I'm really loving that pretty scarf. Might I steal it one day??? : )

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!