November 24, 2011

If you don't have it, fake it.


Sometimes, I tend to act reasonable. Like, right now, mostly because of The Big Secret Project you cannot know about.
And so when I'm reasonable, I focus on not expanding my makeup collection any more.
However, it's always when I plan on not buying that I come across things that I desperately want: enters the current lemming, Guerlain Les Gris eyeshadow palette.




(NB: I stole this picture from my friend Martha over at Planet Martha - go visit and subscribe because she's beautiful and she has the prettiest makeup collection! And she has swatches of this gorgeous palette too!)


I have swatched this in store about a dozen times now. The blue is just gorgeous, and the silvery color on the left is one of the most beautiful and complex shades I have seen. (I do find all the shades were looking warmer on me than the do in the pictures, though.) Serious lemming here! BUT... I'm being reasonable. And so I haven't bought it (yet?) and I'm trying to dupe it with things that I already own.
Here goes:





Featured here: Nars Rajasthan (both colors, obviously) on the lid, and Mac Satin Taupe in the crease.  Very fine liner line was drawn with Gosh pencil in Majestic Sea.


Oops, blurry!





Fellow makeup addicts have told me that this is duping Les Gris perfectly, and I try to go by the rule that if only I can see the difference between 2 eyeshadows when it's applied, then I don't need both. That means that the lemming is killed... for now at least.


Other products featured:
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B10+Illamasqua RLF in 133 on the cheeks
Illamasqua Ambition blush
Integrate brow liner in 002
YSL Faux-Cils mascara
Mac Fanfare lipstick

1 comment:

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!