November 21, 2011

Nuxe Nirvanesque Eye Cream



A couple of months ago I was out of eye cream and decided to give a try to a new one for some change. You know how much I love Nuxe products and so I decided to get their Creme Nirvanesque.


This claims to "Address the first signs of aging in the eye contour area. Smoothes fine lines and wrinkles as well as works to diminish the appearance of dark circles. Eye contour is visibly more radiant. For all skin types."
I have very few fine lines around the eyes, but I want to keep them away and that's why I rely on eye creams. And of course I'm always happy if a product can diminish the appearance of my dark circles - so I thought this might be it for me.


The cream is lightweight, really non greasy and not sticky at all, but it's still a cream and not a gel. It's unscented, white, and it sinks in quickly after application. I can use it night and morning, before makeup, without any issue.


Now as for the effect: I don't know what effect it has or has not on fine lines. I haven't noticed any improvement but then again I don't have real issues, and it's impossible to know how much worse they would be if I wasn't using a product on them.
Regarding the dark circles, I unfortunately can't report any effect. The product description said that Corrective Pigments in the formula would visibly improve them but I don't notice anything.



So, all in all, it's a nice eye cream - no miracle, nothing extraordinary, but it does the job of a regular eye cream.




As usual, the ingredient list for the science nerds:


AQUA/WATER, ROSA MOSCHATA SEED OIL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PROPANEDIOL, PROPYLHEPTYL CAPRYLATE, TOCOPHEROL, CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE, LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, MICA, CITRIC ACID, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, ALLANTOIN, POLYDODECANAMIDEAMINIUM TRIAZADIPHENYLETHENESULFONATE, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, TETRASODIUM GLUTAMATE DIACETATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, 10-HYDROXYDECANOIC ACID, SEBACIC ACID, 1,10-DECANEDIOL, ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT, LAURETH-3, NYMPHAEA COERULEA SEED EXTRACT, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, POLYVINYLALCOHOL CROSSPOLYMER, ACETYL DIPEPTIDE-1 CETYL ESTER, SODIUM BENZOATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, AMARANTHUS CAUDATUS SEED EXTRACT, PAPAVER RHOEAS SEED EXTRACT [N0604/A].



Nuxe Nirvanesque Eye Cream: € 19 - USD 29.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know. Keep sharing such good post! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know they mean *that* nirvana, but I blinked at the name -- I remember putting on brown/purple eyeshadows under my eyes to FAKE dark circles during my teens lol

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!