December 22, 2011

Battle of the mattifying primers - Review #2: Rouge Bunny Rouge Metmorphoses



The Product.
Rouge Bunny Rouge Metamorphoses contains 29 ml, almost 1 Oz.
It is sold on Zuneta and costs about USD 69. *


The Packaging.
The product is in a beautiful transparent frozen glass bottle, with a black airless pump and dispenser, and a black cap. It does look and feel very luxurious.


Formula.
This is a bit of a thicker formula but it spreads very easily. It's not really a gel but it feels dryer than a lotion, and is very smooth upon application -almost slightly powdery feeling I would say.
You do feel the difference on your skin right after application, as it is very soft and definitely creates an intermediate layer between your skin and your makeup. I found it worked quite well on smoothing dry areas.
I didn't find this drying at all, which was something I initially feared. It didn't make my dryer areas worse either. However, it did create a really matte base. Not completely flat but well matte.
For those that are sensitive to smells, this product has absolutely none. It does, however, contain silica, to which some people can be sensitive.


Ingredients list.
AQUA, SILICA, NYLON-12, OCTYLDODECANOL, LIMNANTHES ALBA SEED OIL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CERA ALBA, ALLANTOIN, GLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, CARBOMER, METHYLPARABEN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN


The results.
You can find the full testing protocol here.



This is right after application of the primer and of my base.





Here we are a few hours later. I've done grocery shopping, an abs workout (no big sweating involved but that's still some level of activity). Obviously I haven't touched up anything, only added liner, mascara and a tad bit of blush on the back of my cheeks.
We can see a tiny bit of discoloration and natural oil reappearing around my nose but for the rest, the result is still pretty much flawless.






We're now looking at the right side of the picture, and it's quite hard to tell any difference with the other side.
What I did notice in real life is that the other side of my face had a little bit of luminosity reappearing after a few hours while this one hadn't.




Again, my end of the day pic is taken with a daylight lightbulb and no flash.
You can see that my makeup has moved around a bit on the nose and mouth area but the rest is still quite ok after 12 hours of wear.
That is, in fact, the same kind of issue I noticed with the other side of my face.




Conclusions.
An very good product! It is expensive but the packaging is very nice, so this is a bit of a treat (like the whole Rouge Bunny Rouge range is!). Although the difference in result with the Illamasqua primer isn't big at all, I prefer this RBR formula because it feels dryer and smoother upon application. I also enjoy the airless pump. I would say that if you can afford the high price mark, this is definitely a great product.




* I was offered this product by Zuneta for review consideration. I am however not compensated in any way to write this review and this is my honest opinion.

2 comments:

  1. My nose is so oily it doesnt let ANY product last all day. After a few hours then the sides seem to spread to the cheeks and the whole area is thinner coverage. But then again we wont get wrinkles so whatever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Tali: good call on the wrinkles, haha! But I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how much difference this primer made. Not 100 perfect, of course, but significantly better than usual!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!