December 13, 2011

Evening looks call for red lips!

I had some work dinner to go to this week, but it was a bit of a challenge on the look front because it was happening right after a very long day of meeting followed by team building outdoors activities, and I wasn't too sure how much time I'd have to switch to a more evening appropriate version of me.


Lucky me, this past week-end, the beautiful Ruth Crilly aka A Model Recommends released a new video on 3 ways to wear red lipstick. You know how much I love my statement lips, and I surely believed that it was an appropriate look for an evening out. But what I found even more interesting was the fact that her look #1 was very simple, easy to do, but still  impactfull. So I decided I'd go for that one : an understated neutral face and eye with some liner and the red lip, associated with sleek pulled back hair - an easy look when you don't have the time to wash your hair, let alone give yourself a fancy brushing! The makeup could easily be done by transforming my day makeup if needed - lucky me I had enough time to redo it completely.


And so here's the final result! (in harsh hotel bathroom light, though)









Products in action here:

  • Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as a primer - lovely stuff
  • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B10 + Illamasqua RLF in 133 also used as concealer
  • Dior Aurora bronzer
  • Rouge Bunny Rouge Starina blush (very neutral matte brownish shade).
  • On the eyes: my beloved Chanel Le Crayon Yeux Waterproof liner in 020 Expresso, on top of a wash of peach and a bit of light brown in the crease. YSL Faux Cils in black.
  • On the lips, which are the focus point here: Mac Lady Bug applied on top of lipbalm
Of course, with such a strong look and the hair, if you can avoid wearing glasses, that would be nice, so I throwed in contacts for good measure.

In my opinion, this in addition to a black outfit was definitely polished enough for the occasion, and really not too much work nor time to achieve.


I really recommend (no pun intented) that you check amodelrecommends'video on the red lipstick topic, as now is the season to wear your red proudly!



9 comments:

  1. Yes they do! I am beginning to fall head over heels for red lips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in red lipstick! I think I should check out MAC's Lady Bug...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those Frenchy classics that I <3 but can't pull off as well as you do

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! So chic! I'm loving this look at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are AMAZING on these pictures. You'd better keep this look as you go to one.
    I can not believe how crazingly beautiful/gorgeous/to die for you are on these ones

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really suits you the 'bold lip look' very nice! I like how you layered it with a balm. I dont know why but bolder colors and always more drying :( must be a pigment & formula thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that!! And I love the neckline of whatever it is you are wearing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!