Lucky me, this past week-end, the beautiful Ruth Crilly aka A Model Recommends released a new video on 3 ways to wear red lipstick. You know how much I love my statement lips, and I surely believed that it was an appropriate look for an evening out. But what I found even more interesting was the fact that her look #1 was very simple, easy to do, but still impactfull. So I decided I'd go for that one : an understated neutral face and eye with some liner and the red lip, associated with sleek pulled back hair - an easy look when you don't have the time to wash your hair, let alone give yourself a fancy brushing! The makeup could easily be done by transforming my day makeup if needed - lucky me I had enough time to redo it completely.
And so here's the final result! (in harsh hotel bathroom light, though)
Products in action here:
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as a primer - lovely stuff
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B10 + Illamasqua RLF in 133 also used as concealer
- Dior Aurora bronzer
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Starina blush (very neutral matte brownish shade).
- On the eyes: my beloved Chanel Le Crayon Yeux Waterproof liner in 020 Expresso, on top of a wash of peach and a bit of light brown in the crease. YSL Faux Cils in black.
- On the lips, which are the focus point here: Mac Lady Bug applied on top of lipbalm
Of course, with such a strong look and the hair, if you can avoid wearing glasses, that would be nice, so I throwed in contacts for good measure.
In my opinion, this in addition to a black outfit was definitely polished enough for the occasion, and really not too much work nor time to achieve.
I really recommend (no pun intented) that you check amodelrecommends'video on the red lipstick topic, as now is the season to wear your red proudly!