December 23, 2011

Quick and easy Christmassy look

I'm not really in the Christmas mood. Correction: I'm not in it at all.
Reason #1 is that I'm burried under work, and it is going to stay this way pretty much till the end of January, so for me Christmas is a regular week-end in the middle of 2 hectic weeks, excepted I have to celebrate it on top of doing the laundry and the grocery shopping. So in the end, it's actually a week-end without the relaxing factor. I lose.
Reason #2 is that the weather is just not so December-like that it doesn't feel like Christmas at all. With 9°C/48°F outside at night time, my Winter coat is actually too warm.


So I decided that, to cheer myself up and putting myself in the right mood for this week-end, I'd do Christmas makeup this whole week at work. Think gold, and glitter. (And you could throw red in the mix if you wanted).
I came up with this one that I particularly liked and thought I'd share with you, because it's pretty easy to do.





The key to this look: using a gold glitter liner on top of a black liner. I used Illamasqua Precision Liner in Alchemy (Winter 2010), but you can find glitter liners in many brands, even drugstore ones (Gosh has a nice selection).





Others product used:
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B10
Bobbi Brown concealer - Warm Ivory
Kate Brow Liner 002
Nars Laguna bronzer
Illamasqua Ambition Blush
Mac Femme-Fi and Mystery on the eyes
Mac Blacktrack fluid line in black
YSL Faux Cils in black
Rouge Bunny Rouge Glassy Gloss - Sweet Excesses in Jungle Fudge* on the lips - but a red lipstick would work really well too

Speaking of gold liners, I also own the Chanel Or one from the current Holiday collection.

There are quite a few differences between these 2 gold liners. The Chanel one is an opaque, solid gold color and the applicator is a very fine brush. There's not glitter in this one.
The Illamasqua Alchemy liner is a mix of gold liquid with lots of gold glitter, and it comes with a felt tip applicator.


The result they give is very different: I find the Illamasqua one much more dramatic, not only because of the glitter, but because the overall payoff is better. I thought the Chanel one, since it's opaque, would have more payoff but when I wear it I find it much more discrete.


Do you have an easy look for the Holidays?


* received for free as a gift.

5 comments:

  1. Simple and chic, love it!
    Merry not-so-Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helooo! Stalking your blog from the US!! How are you?? I love the eyeliner and would say that its the same here. Either sparkly liner or I put paul and joe eyegloss on and thats my xmas look!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tali: hey lovely, thanks for stopping by! Eyegloss is fab, great idea!

    @ Ce: thanks my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not in the Christmas mood either; you already knew that. BUT...I love that look! Perhaps I will replicate it a little tonight. : ) Merry Christmas, my friend! Let's try to chat a bit next week/end. Before the New Year for sure. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Marty: merry Christmas dear! let's catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!