January 31, 2012

January Favorites

I feel a bit ridiculous telling you, once more with feeling, that this month went by so fast, but it did, and I actually  almost forgot it was time for the monthly favorites post.
Considering I've lived those past weeks in a hurry, I also find it a bit difficult to remember exactly what I've been using this month, and thinking of it, it's mostly skin products that come to my mind.


Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil
Review here. This is what has kept my skin rather smooth and hydrated all month. Since the cold is really striking just now, we'll see how it performs under aggravated circumstances, but for January, it did its job pretty well.






The BodyShop Seaweed Cleansing Facial Wash.
An old love. For some reason my skin seems to prefer this to oil cleanser right now, but on the other hand, this doesn't do such a good work for blackheads. The solution: alternating between both methods, or using this after the oil (which seems counterproductive but the ingredients in this seem to balance my skin well, so it's ok.




La Roche Posay Cicaplast.
Review here. I am currently using this as a primer under foundation (excepted on my T zone where I use nothing). It actually works really well and does a good job at keeping dry patches away, as it heals the skin very well and fast.
That allows me to keep using another favorite, that is :




Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.
Review here. This isn't meant for dry skin, it does contain a bit of alcohol and so I should be avoiding it in Winter but I just can't live without this foundation anymore, as it's so easy to apply, so easy to wear and so beautiful. So Cicaplast is the perfect barrier between my skin and Vitalumiere Aqua to prevent dryness.
(Side note: I might reach the end of my bottle of this, and I haven't finished a bottle of foundation in the story of this blog!!)




Fuchsia Lipsticks.
I grab Mac Girl About Town the most, but I still give all my fuchsia lipsticks good love and I find they work perfectly in cool blueish Winter light, brightening your face and giving dull days some color!
A must have all year round!


What were your favorites this month?





4 comments:

  1. I tried and finish my sample of Guerlain Super Aqua-Serum and I saw a difference with only a week! at 165$ CND a bottle i can say it was a great experience that will never happened again. 'sniff sniff'
    MAC scarlet Iris from Iris Apfel collection, I had only one MAC lipstick (VivaGlam) before and hated it, but Scarlet iris was irresistible and I need it!!!! really a bright matt! Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh so many pretty lipsticks! Really love the look of the Chanel foundation but I think my skin is much too dry for it unfortunately, although at least I'm saving some £'s! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For dry skin, the regular Vitalumiere is much better and more moisturizing, while the Aqua one contains alcohol so it wouldn't suit you indeed.

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!