February 3, 2012

The girl who never uses up anything...

That's how I think of me.
Especially when I see people blogging monthly about the products they finished in the past weeks.


Excepted, apparently, I do use up some stuff, too.






So we have:

  • A YSL Faux Cils mascara - I get through one every 2-3 months, which is the lifecycle of a mascara anyway.
  • A Nars eyeshadow primer. I think it's the third tube I've used up to the last drop, which takes about 9 months of almost daily use.
  • Mac Fix + : this was the lavender version that came out at least a year ago, but I didn't start using it right when I got it. It took me a long time to use it up, though -  I do use it daily but only for a couple of spritzes
  • Esthederm Eau Cellulaire : unfortunately this one gets empty much faster than Fix +! But I got a new one for Christmas.
  • Bioderma Hydrabio cleansing foam: this can be used for face (which I rarely do) and body, it's excellent for dry skin and I do go through a bottle of this every couple of months
  • Not pictured: Bioderma Crealine H2O - I got distracted and threw it away before I could feature it in the pic. I go through a 500ml bottle every couple of months as well
  • Not pictured either: Avene Cleanance K, a AHA-BHA moisturizing gel that I use twice a week as chemical exfoliant. The tube lasted about a year, I think.
Also, can you see it? I HIT PAN ON AN EYESHADOW! I think this has never happened to me before!
This is Mac Brulé, that I use as a brow highlight most of the time, and I've bee using this for a good 2 years!! I really wonder how other people ever finish eyeshadows...

Next things on the use up list: Estee Lauder Daywear cream and Advanced Night Repair Serum. Unfortunately, two must haves for me, and two expensive ones.


What have you used up recently?

12 comments:

  1. I hit pan on my Guerlain divinora Radiant Color eyeshadow in beige clarte # 40, I really need to find a dupe for that one! I have Guerlain l'instant d'un baiser but it is more pink, I use it as brow highlight, and I hit pan on the lightest gold in the Lancome quad Indigo royaute.
    I did throw a lipstick gone bad this month does it count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh, I have several lipsticks that are starting to smell odd, too :(

      Delete
  2. haha I really wonder how people finish eyeshadows too ^^ I hit pan on my fave highlight Vanilla from Mac about 2 yers after I started using it every day.. And that was about a year ago now too and I'm still not done haha it takes some time ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh so this Brulé still has years to live? Damn, I already got a backup! lol

      Delete
  3. Hey there grasshopper, hitting pan on an eyeshadow means it's about half finished! lol
    I love your enthusiasm and adventurous nature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. half finishes? oh dear! so much eyeshadow-thingy left in this house, then :))

      Delete
  4. I was thinking the same thing about beauty products the other day. I just bought a bunch of lipsticks and I was thinking that it's so wasteful and I never seem to finish them. Same with eyeshadows (though my consistent, daily wears I do use up eventually). It's kind of an amazing thing to use up that much stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using up skincare is easy, I'm telling you. Finishing a lipstick or a blush is something I could do only when I had one of each!!

      Delete
  5. Lol your mascaras last 2-3 months??? Mine dont even last 3 weeks! I must have been a drag queen in my last life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, or maybe I'm not using enough? But it's true, I remember you saying you were using up a Lancome mascara every 10 days, and I don't know how you do that but hey, to each their own!

      Delete
  6. Well Done!

    I'm pretty terrible I must say, I only ever finish mascara, because I use the same one, foundation (ditto) and skin care. I use face wipes to spot tidy/spot clean brushes and the same moisturising products (Oilatum for general use but I've branched out so that;'ll take longer now!)

    I think I once finished a MAC pigment sample....lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I never even finished a Mac pigment :))

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!