February 24, 2012

New glasses FOTD



I got a new prescription for my contacts and glasses earlier this week and thought it was time for a change of style in eyewear!
Lots of large retro nerdy frames on the market right now, some very pretty ones from Chanel and Ray Ban amongst others, but these didn't really suit me because of the very straight top line.
So to stay within the same vibe and find a more flattering shape for my face, I went for these Marc O'Polo "butterfly" navy frames. They're very light and comfortable, which is important when you wear them non-stop!

Being as wide, they do show eye makeup reasonably well, so I had a bit of fun this morning creating a very strong winged liner look.



And here it is with the glasses on:

Makeup breakdown:
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B10
Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer 01
Mac Brulé, Vanilla and Nars Lola Lola on the eyes, liner is Mac Blacktrack Fluidline.

Lips : Illamasqua Ignite, which I then dropped and smashed/broke on the ofice parking! It was, however, starting to smell funky so it's time for a new one now!

Cheeks : Burberry bronzer in shade 01 to slightly contour
Givenchy Bucolic Poppy blush topped with some of the lipstick to make the tone more orange.

What are you wearing for Friday?

8 comments:

  1. How pretty! I'm thinking about getting a new pair of eyeglasses soon too - mine are really old and just keep sliding off my nose, it's infuriating. Love those orange reds on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've never seen your glasses? I find it fun to change them up, too bad they're so expensive when you really need them for improving your sight!

      Delete
  2. Love them! How are you? I should email you something funny...we need a catch up. I've been thinking about you a ton lately. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of you all week and planning on e-mailing you a serious novella update this week-end! :) Talk to you soon!

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!