February 13, 2012

Ren F10 Smooth and Renew Face Mask

How come I never reviewed this for you even though I've had it for months (it was a birthday gift from a dear friend), I have no idea. But since I used it this week-end, I remembered I really needed to tell you everything about it.


A word about Ren.
Ren is an UK-based skincare brand that wants to use the most innovative bio-active ingredients but has removed all the (supposed) nasty stuff from their products. The list of stuff they won't use is so long I won't put it here but basically, parabens, mineral oils, silicons or synthetic fragrances are no-no's for them. (More information here). So if you're after natural ingredients, this is a brand for you.

What the brand says.
Formulated to gently exfoliate and detoxify, this gel mask will promote skin renewal and leave the complexion looking smooth, toned and radiant.
Results:
Gently exfoliates and renews the complexion
Skin looks smoother, brighter with a healthier and more even skin tone

How you use it.

The mask is a thick paste that looks a bit like honey. It smells of citrus, kind of orange marmelade, and maybe a bit of honey as well (at least in my mind) and I must confess that if I use this before breakfast it makes me really hungry :)
You apply a good coat of this (about 2-3 pumps I would say) all over your face, let it sit for 10 minutes, then remove it with a cloth -which is provided in the box- and warm water. Simple and easy. The only thing you might dislike about it is that the texture is quite sticky, but I don't really mind.

The result.
If you have sensitive skin, you will know that lots of brightening/smoothing masks can be irritating because they often contain ingredients that aren't tolerated well by everyone, like fruit acids for example. With this product you will not feel any tingling or discomfort, and you will be left with plump and glowy baby-soft skin. The only redness I get after this is because of the warm water I use to remove it :)

My overall opinion on the product.
I absolutely love it. It's a nice treat, it feels really good and it leaves your skin feeling fresh and soft. Definitely a no-brainer for me, unless you have issues with some of the essential oils used in it.
Being on a skincare kick right now, I'm seriously considering trying out more Ren products.

Ingredients list for the science nerds.
Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Lecithin, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Malpighia Glabra (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Tocopherol.

Ren F10 Smooth and Renew Face Mask, 60ml, £20, €31, USD 36 - available from Sephora online, Amazon or from renskincare.com.


2 comments:

  1. I've been searching for a few good masks for my skin. hopefully this will soon be added to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this for the first time tonight - I'm in love!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!