February 22, 2012

Springy Orange FOTD inspired by Mac Call Me Bubbles quand

But most importantly, inspired by this look done by the lovely Keiko Lynn yesterday on her blog! I loved it right away and HAD to dupe it!
However I don't own the quad. I do, though, still own my Spiced Chocolate quad from Fall 2008, which has Brash e/s in it, just like this one. And I also have a few other oranges in my collection, like the one in the Shiseido Fire trio. I thought it would work!


I took a couple of pics at home but the rising sun light was so bright that they're a bit washed out!





So I took a few more later, car style!





Breakdown
Face:
Chanel VA B10
Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer 01
Illamasqua Brow Powder in Motto

Eyes:
Rubenesque paintpot as a base
Orange from Shiseido Fire trio on lid
Crease is a mix of Paradisco and some other orange
Outer corner: Brash
Liner: UD 24/7 Bourbon
YSL Faux Cils Mascara in black

Blush:
Nars Zen to contour
Illamasqua Hussy (could have used a bit more, oh well...)

Lips
Nars New World lipgloss pencil (I wanted to wear Nars Niagara but couldn't find it, boo!)

This works great with blue eyes, much more so in real life than in pictures, so I'll definitely be wearing that again!

Have you got the Call me Bubbles quad? How do you feel about orange eyeshadow?

11 comments:

  1. You know I love orange :) Call me Bubbles is great, although it looks like you already have some nice oranges..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha! This quad looked gorgeous on you! For me, indeed, I think I have enough dupes this time (and the original Brash) to justify it.

      Delete
  2. You look ridiculously fabulous (In American speak that's a big compliment). Seriously, who is so gorgeous that she can pull off orange eyeshadow? You, obviously!! It would make me look angry and tired all at the same time....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! You should give unusual colors a try, you might be surprised!!
      By the way, my friend Martha who commented right before you does rock those same colors as well (even though she's way more cool toned than I am), you should check out her blog :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the break down...the eyes with a tinge of orange looks so gorgeous on you...it is a lot about finding the right colors that will enhance your look.It id of course a matter of expert application.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fabulous! I envy you...I would just look plain ill in orange but you rock it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know if you never try, maybe just adding black liner would change the way you look!

      Delete
  5. Wow, oranges look great on you!!!! They don't look that good on me, unfortunately, they make me look yellow :s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boo :( Maybe try different shades, like more coppery ones?

      Delete
  6. This quad was made for you! I LOVE it on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I'm sure you'd rock something similar with your warm complexion!

      Delete

I love getting comments, thanks for sharing your thoughts!